- Volume 11 Issue 2
Analysis of added resistance of a ship advancing in waves
파랑중에서 전진하는 선박의 부가저항 해석
- 이호영 (현대중공업(주)) ;
- 곽영기 (현대중공업(주))
- Published : 1997.05.01
This paper presents theoretical formulations and numerical computations for predicting first-and second-order hydrodynamic force on a ship advvancing in waves. The theoretical formulation leads to linearized radiation and diffration problems solving the three-dimensional Green function integral equations over the mean wetted body surface. Green function representing a translating and pulsating source potantial for infinite water depth is used. In order to solve integral equations for three dimentional flows using Green function efficiently, the Hoff's method is adopted for numerical calculation of the Green function. Based on the first-order solution, the mean seconder-order forces and moments are obtained by directly integrating second-order pressure over the mean wetted body surface. The calculated items are carried out for analyzing the seakeeping characteristics of Series 60. The calculated items are hydrodynamic coefficients, wave exciting forces, frequency response functions and addd resistance in waves.
3-Dimensional Panel Method;Unsteady Velocity Potential;Translating and Pulsating Green Function;Added Mass;Damping Coenfficient;Wave Exciting Force;Frequency Response Function;Drift Force;Added Resistance;Series 60
- Proceedings of 13th Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics Prediction of Resistance and Propulsion of a Ship in a Seaway Faltinsen,O.M.;Minsaas, K.J.;Lispis, N;Skjordal, S.O.
- NSMB no.510 The Motions of a Moored Ship in Waves Pinkster, J.A.;Van Oortmerssen,G
- Ph. D. Thesis, The Norwegian Institute of Technology Three-Dimensional Green Function of a Vessel with Forward Speed in Waves Hoff, J.L.
- Proceeding of 6th Symposium International Offshore mechnaics and Artic Engineering v.2 Sensitivity of Wave Drift Damping Coefficient predictions to the Hydrodynamic Analysis Models Used in the Added Resistance Gradient Method Hearn, G.E.;Tong, K.C.;Lau, S.M.
- 대한조선학회 논문집 v.33 no.2 초고속 쌍동선에 대한 내항성능 해석방법 비교(스트립트방법과 3-D Panel 방법) 이호영;송기종;염덕준
- Douglas Aircraft Company Report No. ES40622, Journal of Ship Research v.8 no.2 Calculation of Nonlifting Potential Flow about Arbitrary Three-Dimensional Bodies Hess, J.L.;Smith, A.M.O.
- Trans. SNAME v.81 Added Resistance in Waves Strom-Tejsen, J;Yeh,H;Moran, D.D.
- Proceeding of 14th ITTC v.4 Experimental Study on the Resistance Increase of a Ship in Regular Obilique Waves Fujii,H;Takahashi,T
- Ph. D. Thesis, University of Glasgow A Three-Dimensional Technique for Predicting First-and Second-Order Hydrodynamic Forces on a Marine Vehicle Advancing in waves Chan,H.S.
- 대한조선학회논문집 v.31 no.4 파랑중에서 전진 동요하는 선박의 특이파수 억제에 관한 연구 이호영;염덕준