- Volume 26 Issue 4
This study was attempted to express human lactoferrin gene that has importance as a functional additive in food industry. Lactoferrin has distinctive antibacterial properties. Also, a number of phy-siological roles have been postulated for the lactoferrin in the modulation of immune and inflamatory responses and as a growth factor. Since it did not show feasible growth inhibition by antimicrobial test against HLF, Pichia pastoris was selected the best lactoferrin expression host. HLF expression plasmid pHIL-SI was integrated into the genomic DNA of P. pastoris GSl15. The integration was confirmed not only with 2.4Kb fragment of HLF gene by PCR(polymerase chain reaction) product, but also with same size of specific signal by southern blotting. Among the various pichica transformants, the JY-1 cell showed a positive response for the expression of HLF by the immunoblotting anaysis. The recombinant HLF protein was started to be secreated at 48hr of culture and reached at the highest secreation level at 96hr.
- Archives of Disease in Childhood v.55 Lactoferrin in human milk: its role in iron absorption and protection against enteric infection in the newborn infant Broc, J. H.
- Structure of Human lactoferrin : crystallographic structure analysis and refinement at 2.8 A resolution Anderson, B. F.;Baker, H. M.;Norris, G. E.
- J. Dairy Sci. v.74 Potent bacteriocidal activity of bovine lactoferrin hydrolysate produced by heat treatment at acidic pH Saito, H.;Miyakaya, H.;Tamura, Y.
- Comp. Biochem. Physiol. v.38B LF in milk from different species Masson, P. L.;Heremans, J. F.
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.196 Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of bovine lactotransferrin Annick, P.;Didier, C.;Monique, B.
- Advances in experimental medicine and biology v.357 Lactoferrin-structure and function William-Hutchens, T.
- Korean Dairy Technol. v.11 Biological characteristics of lactoferrin Jin, H. S.;Keum, J. S.;Kim, J. W.
- Gene v.122 An inducible expression system for the production of human lactoferrin in Aspergillus nidulans Ward, P. P.;May, G.;Haedon, D. R.;Oria, M.
- Bio/Technology v.10 Production of biologically active recombinant human lactoferrin in Aspergillus oryzae Ward, P. P.;Lo, J. Y.;Duke, M.
- Bio/Technology v.13 A spectrum for production of commercial quantities of human lactoferrin: a broad spectrum natural antibiotic Ward, P .P.;Piddington, C. S.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.41 Expression and charaterization of human lactoferrin in yeast Saccharomycetes cerevisiae Liang, Q.;Richardson, T.
- Bio/Technology v.12 Rapid selection using G418 of high copy no. transformation of Pichia pastoris from high-level foreign gene expression Scorer, C. A.;Clare, J. J.;McCobie, W. R.
- Biosci. Biotech. Biochem. v.57 Effects of orally administered bovine lactoferrin on the Faecal Enterobacteriaceae of OPF mice fed milk Teraguchi, S.;Ozawa, K.;Yasuda, S.
- Med. Microbial. Immunol. v.182 Killing of Candida albicans by lactoferricin B, a potent antimicrobial derived from the N-terminal region of bovine lactoferrin Bellamy, W.;Wakabayashi, H.;Takase, M.
- J. Food Protection v.55 Inactivation of Listeria monocytogenes by lactoferrin a potent antimicrobial peptide derived from cow's milk Wakabayashi, H.;Bellamy, W.
- Nucleic Acids Res. v.9 Rapid and efficient cosmid cloning Ish-Horowicz, D.;Burke, J. F.
- Current protocols in molecular biology Ausubel, F. M.;Brenet, R.;Kingston, R. E.;Moore, D. D.;Seidman, J. G.;Smith, T. A.;Struhl, K.
- J. Mol. Biol. v.98 Detection of specific sequences among DNA fragments separated by gel electrophoresis Southern, E. M.
- Nature v.227 Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4 Laemmli, U. K.