- Volume 22 Issue 3
The substantial loss behind axial flow rotor was generated by wake, various vortices in the hub region and the leakage vortex in the tip region. Particularly, the leakage vortex formed near blade tip was one of the main causes of the reduction of performance, the generation of noise and the aerodynamic vibration in rotor downstream. In this study, the three-dimensional flowfields in an axial flow rotor for various tip clearances were calculated, and the numerical results were compared with the experimental ones. The numerical technique was based on SIMPLE algorithm using standard k-.epsilon. model (WFM). Through calculations, the effects of the tip clearance on the overall performance of rotor and the loss distributions, and the increase in the displacement, momentum, and blade-force-deficit thickness of the casing wall boundary layer were investigated. The mass-averaged flow variables behind rotor agreed well with the experimental results. The presence of the tip leakage vortex behind rotor was described well. Although the loci of leakage vortex by calculation showed some differences compared with the experimental results, its behavior for various tip clearances was clarified by examining the loci of vortex center.
- ASME J. of Engineering for Power v.104 pp.772-781 Lakshminarayana, B.;Davino, R.;Pouagare, M.
- ASME J. of Engineering for Power v.108 pp.7-14 Inoue, M.;Kuroumaru, M.;Fukuhara, M.
- ASME J. of Turbomachinery v.111 pp.250-256 Inoue, M.;Kuroumaru, M.
- ASME J. of Turbomachinery v.115 pp.453-467 Kunz, R. F.;Lakshminarayana, B.'Basson A. H.
- Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Patankar, S. V.
- 연세대학교 기계공학과 박사학위논문 방영석
- 대한기계학회 '94년도 추계학술대회논문집(II) pp.515-519 노수혁;조강래
- FLOMEKO 93 v.2 pp.629-636 Cho, K. R.;Chung, W. J.
- ASME J. of Engineering for Power v.104 pp.760-771 Lakshminarayana, B.;Pouagare, M.;Davino, R.
- 대한기계학회논문집(B) v.21 no.7 pp.911-918 노수혁;조강래
- ASME J. of Turbomachinery v.113 pp.260-271 Chen, G. T.;Greitzer, E. M.;Tan, C. S.;Marble, F. E.
- Ph. D Thesis, University of London A Finite Volume Method for the Prediction of Three Dimensional Fluid Flow in Complex Ducts Peric, M.
- ASME J. of Turbomachinery v.118 pp.230-239 Copenhaver, W. W.;Mayhew, E. R.;Hah, C.;Wadia, A. R.
- J. of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power v.108 pp.15-21 Hah, C.
- ASME J. of Engineering for Power v.104 pp.805-818 Hunter, I. H.;Cumsty, N. A.
- ASME J. of Basic Engineering pp.467-482 Lakshminarayana, B.
- The 2nd DSME-JSME Fluids Engineering Conference v.2 pp.81-85 Cho, K. R.;Kang, D. J.;Cho, S. O.
- 대한기계학회논문집(B) v.20 no.10 pp.3272-3281 김성원;조강래