- Volume 22 Issue 3
This study deals with the interaction between buoyancy-induced convection and externally imposed excitation in the form of harmonic rocking and the effect of the interaction upon heat transfer in low-Pr liquids. A wide array of system responses are discussed using the spectral collocation numerical technique. The superposition of buoyancy and Coriolis forces leads to complex fluid flow and heat transfer. The transition to chaotic convection is accelerated, and heat transfer rates are reduced as the enclosure is excited at the fundamental frequency of oscillation associated with the pure buoyancy-driven case. Average heat transfer rates are correlated for Pr=0.02 and 0.03. The heat transfer is affected more in the Pr=0.03 liquid than the case of Pr=0.02.
- Numer. Heat Transfer Part A. v.27 pp.639-650 Direct Simulation of Double Diffusion in Low Prandtl Number Liquids Hyun, M. T.;Kuo, D. C.;Bergamn, T. L.;Ball, K. S.
- Spectral Methods in Fluid Dynamics Canuto, C.;Hussaini, M. Y.;Quarteroni, A.;Zang, T. A.
- Int. J. Numer. Methods Fluids v.9 pp.427-452 A Chebyshev Collocation Method for the Navier-Stokes Equations with Application to Double-diffusive Convection Ehrenstein, U.;Peyret, R.
- Eur. J. Mech. B. v.8 pp.375-396 Hydrodynamical Regimes in Metallic Melts Subject to Horizontal Temperature Gradient Roux, B.;Hadid, H. B.;Laure, P.
- Int. J. Numer. Methods Fluids v.8 pp.375-396 Spectral Simulations of Oscillatory Convection at Low Prandtl Number Pulicani, J. P.;Crespo Del Arco, E.;Randriamampianina, R.;Bontoux, P.;Peyret, R.
- Phys. Fluids v.6 pp.2333-2344 Numerical Study on Two-Dimensional Spin-Up in a Rectangle Suh, Y. K.
- J. Heat Transfer v.112 pp.253-255 Oscillatory Natural Convection in Rectangular Enclosures Filled with Mercury Kamotani, Y.;Sahraoui, T.
- Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Patankar, S. V.
- Fundamen-tals of Foundry Technology pp.179 Foundry Metallurgy in P. D. Webster(ed.) Pearce, J. T. H.;Dudley, J. J.
- Int. J. Heat mass Transfer v.36 pp.2815-2826 Modeling of Turbulent Buoyant Flow and Heat Transfer in Liquid Metals Mohamed, A. A.;Viskanta, R.
- 대한기계학회 춘계학술대회 논문집 B pp.516-521 주기적으로 진동하는 밀폐용기내의 낮은 Pr를 갖는 액체의 자연 대류 열전달 모정하;Bergman, T. L.
- Proc. 30th National Heat Transfer Conf. v.HDT-306;Vol. 4 pp.63-69 Simulation of Thermosolutal Convection in Pb-Sn:FVM and Spectral Predictions Hyun, M. T.;Kuo, D. C.;Bergamn, T. L.;Ball, K. S.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.206 pp.517-544 Numerical Simulations of Multiple Flow Transitions in Axisymmetric Annulus Convection Le Quere, P.;Pecheux, J.
- Heat Transfer 1994: Proc. 10th Int. Heat Transfer Conf. v.7 pp.43-48 Transition to Unsteadiness in Three-Dimensional Low Prandtl Natural Convection Esposito, P. G.;Behnia, M.
- Heat Transfer 1994: Proc. 10th Int. Heat Transfer Conf. v.7 pp.7-12 Transition to Oscillatory Natural Convection in Low Pr Liquids Subject to a Horizontal Temperature Gradient Bergman, T. L.;Ball, K. S.
- J. Fluid Mech. v.132 pp.271-281 A Note on the Stability of Low-Prandtl-Number Hadley Circulations Hart, J.
- Int. J. Heat mass Transfer v.36 pp.489-505 Effect of Rotation on Fluid Motion and Channel Formation During Unidirectional Solidification of a Binary Alloy Neilson, D. G.;Incropera, F. P.
- Numer. Heat Transfer Part A v.31 pp.1-19 Simulation of Two-Dimensional, Low-Pr Natural Convection in Harmonically Oscillated, Differentially Heated Enclosures Moh, J. H.;Bergman, T. L.;Kuo, D. C.
- Int. J. Numer. Methods Fluids v.13 pp.61-81 Transient Natural Convection of Low Prandtl Number Fluids in a Differentially Heated Cavity Mohamed, A. A.;Viskanta, R.