- Volume 27 Issue 6
The antimicrobial effect of mixed solutions of grapefruit seed extract(250ppm) and ascorbic acid(1%) on the spoilage microorganisms such as Staphylococcus epidermis, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas syringae, Candida albicans and Corynebacterium xerosis isolated from the spoiled soybean sprouts were investigated. Cell wall and membrane were partially destroyed and the contents of the destroyed cell were exuded after treatment. Packages with 30 m cast polypropylene(CPP), 16 m polyolefin(RD 106) and 10 m high density polyethylene(HDPE) were applied for soybean sprouts dipped in mixed solutions respectively. Oxygen and carbon dioxide concentration inside packages were dependent on the kind of films during storage at 5oC. The antimicrobial activity of mixed solutions was maintained for 5 days at CPP package. Package with HDPE showed a severe browning than the others after 5 days. Ascorbic acid content of mixed solution treatment was higher than that of control for each package.
- Food Technol. v.43 Processing and distribution alternatives for minimally processed fruits and vegetables Huxsoll, C. C.;Bolin, H. R.
- Food Technol. v.43 Physiological and microbiological storage stability of minimally processed fruits and vegetables King, A. D.Jr.;Bolin, H. R.
- J. Sci. Food Agric. v.70 Modified atmosphere packaging of fresh beansprouts Varoquaux, P.;Albagnac, G.;Nguyen-the, C.;Varoquaux, F.
- J. Sci. Food Agric. v.77 Effect of minimal processing operations on the quality of garlic, green onion, soybean sprouts and watercress Park, W. P.;Cho, S. H.;Lee, D. S.
- 단체급식소에서 제공되는 콩나물 무침 및 fresh vegetable salads의 품질관리에 관한 연구 Ⅰ 김혜영
- Proceedings on the 7th ISHS symposium on vegetables quality Effect of grapefruit seed extract and antibrowning agents on the keeping quality of minimally processed vegetables Park, W. P.;Lee, D. S.;Cho, S. H.
- 한국식품과학회지 v.30 최소가공채소류에 적합한 갈변 방지제의 선발 박우포;조성환;이동선
- Bergey's manual of systematic bacteriology Sneath, P. H. A.;Mair, N. S.;Sharpe, M. E.;Holt, J. G.
- J. Appl. Bacterio. v.68 Techniques used for the determination of antimicrobial resistance and sensitivity in bacteria Piddock, L. J. V.
- J. Elect. Microsc. Tech. v.1 Protein-A-gold electron microscopic immunocytochemistry methods, applications and limitations Bendayan, M.
- 한국식품위생학회지(식품위생·안전성 연구) v.9 농축수산물 및 그 가공식품에 대한 Listeria 균주의 오염실태조사와 Listeriosis 발생억제방법 조성환;김기옥;정진환;류충호
- Experiments in molecular biology Miller, J.
- J. Food Sci. v.56 Microbial flora and storage quality of partially processed lettuce King, A. D.;Magnuson, J. A.;Torok, T.;Goodman, N.
- J. Food Sci. v.41 Refrigerated storage of prepackaged salad vegetables Priepke, P. E.;Wei, L. S.;Nelson, A. I.
- Official methods of analysis(14th ed.) A.O.A.C.