- Volume 27 Issue 3
Effect of Hot Water Extracts of Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge., Prunus persica Stokes, Angelica gigas Nakai and Pinus strobus on Lipid Oxidation
단삼, 도인, 당귀미 및 솔잎의 열수추출물이 지방산화에 미치는 영향
- 김수민 (경산대학교 생명자원공학부) ;
- 조영석 (경산대학교 생명자원공학부) ;
- 김은주 (경산대학교 생명자원공학부) ;
- 배만종 (경산대학교 생명자원공학부) ;
- 한준표 (대구효성가톨릭대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 이신호 (대구효성가톨릭대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 성삼경 (영남대학교 식품가공학과)
- Published : 1998.06.01
This study was carried out to investigate the effects of herb extracts on lipid oxidation and free radical reaction in iron sources reacted with active oxygen species. The catalytic effects of active oxygen on lipid oxidation in oil emulsion tended to show more active in the order of OH, H2O2 and KO2. Herb extracts tended to show a little catalytic effect and active oxygen scavenging ability of herb extracts didn't show. But herb extracts played role as a strong chelating agents to bind iron if Fe2+ ion exist in oil emulsion. The contents of Fe2+ ion and total iron in Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge. and Angelica gigas Nakai were higher than those of Prunus persica Stockes and pinus strobus. The content of asocrbic acid in Pinus strobus showed the highest (26.97ppm) among several herb extracts. Electron donating abilities of Pinus strobus and Salvia miltiorrhiza Bge. were 79.54% and 77.11%, respectively, which were higher contents than those of Prunus persical Stokes and Angelica gigas Nakai. The SOD-like activity of Prunus persca Stokes showed 0.16 optical density (O.D), which means the most strong antioxidant activity among other herb extracts. The nitrite scavening effects tended to be different depending on pH. Pinus strobus and Angelica gigas Nakai showed 99.8% and 98.6% nitrite scavening effects at pH 1.2. And the effects were decreased as pH was increased. Especially, they didn't show the nitrite scavenging effect in pH 6.0. In conculsin, the Prinus strobus extract among herb extracts were the most effective antioxidant by evaluating several functional tests.
- 機能性 食品創裂の基盤 食品機能 藤券正生
- Inform v.1 Firms seeking products they can label as 'natural' Haumann, B. F.
- JAOCS v.51 Antioxidant activity of tocopherols and ascorbyl palmitate and their mode of action Corl, M. M.
- JAOCS v.66 Influence of thyme and clove essential oils in cotton seed oil oxidation Farag, R. S.;Badei, A. Z. M. A.;Baroty, G. S. A.
- JAOCS v.52 Toxicological and biochemistry of butylated hydroxyanisole and butylated hydroxytoluene Branen, A. L.
- JAOCS v.68 Use of some essential oils as natural preservatives for butter Farag, R. S.;Ali, M. N.;Taka, H. S.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.45 A novel type of antioxidant isolated from leaf wax of Eucalyptus leaves Osawa, T.;Namiki, M.
- Nippon Shokuhin Kogyo Gakkaishi v.35 Antioxidants activities of edible plants Kasuga, A.;Aoyagi, Y.;Sugahara, T.
- Phytochemistry v.29 The antioxidants of higher plants Larson, R. A.
- 食品の開發 v.27 食用植物中の生理的 機能成分 築原和毅
- 한국식품과학회지 v.27 솔잎과 쑥 추출물의 기능성 검토 강윤환;박용곤;오상룡;문광덕
- Method in Enzymol v.105 Microsomal lipid peroxidation Buege, J. A.;Aust, S. D.
- Anal. Biochem. v.40 Spectrophotometric determination of serum iron at the submicrogram level sith a new reagent (ferrozine) Carter, P.
- Arch. Biochem. Biophys. v.179 The effects of ascorbic acid deficiency and repletion on pulmonarym renal and hepatic drug metabolism in the guinea pig Sikic, B. I.;Mimnaugh, E. G.;Litterst, C. L.;Gram, T. E.
- Nature v.4617 Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical Blois, M. S.
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.47 Involvement of superoxide anion radical in the oxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismutase Marklund, S.;Marklund, G.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.51 Inhibition of nitrosamine formation by nondialyzable melanoidins Kato, H.;Chuyen, N. V.;Kim, S. B.;Hayase, F.
- Arch. Biochem. Biophys. v.246 Oxygen free radicals and iron in relation to biology nad medicine : some problems and concepts Halliwell, B.;Gutteridge, J. M. C.
- 한국농화학회지 v.37 솔잎으로부터 황산화 성분인 4-hydroxy-5methyl-3[2H]-furanone의 분리 부용출;전체옥;오지연
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.36 Catalytic "free" iron ions in muscle foods Kanner, J.Hazen, B.;Doll, L.
- Poultry Science v.72 The effect of free and bound iron on lipid peroxidation in turkey meat Ahn, D. U.;Wolfe, F. H.;Sim, J. S.
- Mordern biological theories of aging The free radical theory of aging Harman, D.;Warner, H. R.(ed.);Butler, R. N.(ed.);Sprott, R. L.(ed.);Schneider, E. L.(ed.)
- 한국식품과학회지 v.25 기호음료성분의 아질산염 소거작용 도정룡;김선봉;박영호;박영범;김동수
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.23 Relative significance of dietary sources of nitrate and nitrite Wite, J. W.