- Volume 27 Issue 3
We investigated the effects of godulbaegi extracts on the physiochemical properties of biological membranes as membrane stability and fluidity employing the phospholipid liposomal membrances as a biomembrane-mimetic system. The addition of the godulbaegi extracts to the phospholipid exterted great effects stagbilized the barrier function of the liposomal membranes in proportion to the concentration of the additive and significantly increased the membranes fluidity. The values of the fluorescence polarization of 1,6-diphenyl 1,3,5-hexatriene (DPH) decreased gradually as the temperature increased, and decreased abruptly near the phase transition temperature (Tm) of the liposome from gel to liquid crystalline state as usual. These results suggest that the activities of the godulbaegi extracts to enhance the stability and fluidity of the liposomal membranes have implication in their biological activities.
- Dynamics of biological membrane Houslay, M. D.;Stanley, K. K.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.246 Unilamellar liposomes made with the French pressure cell Robert, L. H.;Luke, S. S. G.
- J. Mem. Biol. v.3 Water permeability of phospholipid vesicles Reeves, J. P.;Dowben, R. M.
- Biochemistry v.8 Studies on phosphatidylcholine vesicles formation and physical characteristics Huang, C. H.
- Membrane fluidity in biology Aloia, R. C.
- Nature v.196 Actin of saponin on biological cell membrane Bangham, A. D.;Horne, R. W.
- Liposme Technology v.Ⅱ The use of French pressed vesicles for efficient incorporation of bioactive macromolecule and as a drug carriers in vitro and in vivo Gregoriadis, G.
- Chem. Phys. Lipids v.82 Characterization of biotynylated liposomes sensitive to temperature and pH : new tools for anti-cancer drug delivery Ferraretto, A.;Sonnino, S.;Soria, M. R.;Masserini, M.
- Biochim. Biophys. Acta v.394 Effects of local anesthetics on membrane properties changes in the fluidity of phospholipid bilayers Papahadjopoulos, D.;Jacobson, K.;Poste, G.;Shepherd, G.
- Biochim. Biophys. Acta v.900 Stabilization effect of tocopherol and catalase on the life-time of liposome-embedded heme as an oxygen carrier Yuasa, M.;Tani, Y.;Nishide, T.;Tsuchida, E.
- Biochemistry v.20 The solubility of Amphipathic molecules in biological membrane structure Conrad, M. J.;Singer, S. J.
- Biochim. Biophys. Acta v.835 Fluorescence assay of the specificity of human plasma and bovine liver phospholipid tranfer protein Massey, J. B.;Diane Hickson-bick, D. P.;Antonio, M. G. Jr.;Pownall, H. J.
- Fluorescence polarization Biochemical fluoiescence Raymond, F. C.
- Chem. Phys. Lipids v.57 A camparison of α-linolenic acid and γ-linolenic acid in phosphatidylcholine bilayers Ehringer, W. D.;Belche, D.;Wassall, S. R.;Sillwell, W.
- Chem. Phys. Lipids v.84 Synthesis of new deuterated lipid probes for membrane fluidity measurements Nuss, S.;Oudet, P.;Mioskowski, C.;Lebeau, L.
- Chem. Phys. Lipids v.59 Effect of the fungicides tributylin acetate and tributylin chloride on multilamella liposomes Ambrosini, A.;Bertoli, E.;Tanfani, F.;Zolese, G.
- 한국식품영양과학회지 v.26 고들빼기 잎추출물이 흰쥐의 사염화탄소에 의한 간손상에 미치는 영향 배송자;김남홍;하배진;정복미;노승배
- 부산대학교 약학석사 학위논문 Oleanane과 ursan계 triterpene의 지질막 안정화 작용 박수정
- Liposomes, liposome preparation, methods and mechanisms Daivd, W. D.;Paul, S. U.
- Spectrophotometry and spectrofluorimetry Harris, D. A.;Bashford, C. L.
- Chem. Phys. Lipids v.82 The pyrethroid insecticide deltamenthrin modifies the thermotropic properties and lipid packing order of model membranes Moyaquiles, M. R.;Munoz-Delgado, E.;Vidal, C. J.
- 한국 농화학회지 v.6 고들빼기 생리활성 물질의 검색 신수철