- Volume 27 Issue 3
Elucidation of Anti-Tumor Initiator and Promoter Derived from Seaweed-4: Desmutagenic Principles of Ecklonia stolonifera Extracts against Carcinogenic Heterocyclic Amines
해조류 중의 Anti-Tumor Initiator 및 Promoter의 해석-4: 발암성 Heterocyclic Amine에 대한 곰피 추출물 중의 돌연변이원성 억제인자
- 김선봉 (부경대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 박영범 (부경대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 안종관 (부경대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 유승재 (부경대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 박덕천 (부경대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 김인수 (경상대학교 식품과학과·해양산업연구소) ;
- 박영호 (부경대학교 식품공학과)
- Published : 1998.06.01
The present study was performed to elucidate desmutagenic principles from Ecklonia stolonifera extracts against 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b] pyridine(PhIP) and 2-amino-3,8-dime-thylimidazo[4,5-f]duinoxaline(MeIQx) with Salmonella/mammalian-microsome mutagenicity test. Alginate, phenols, chlorophyll and carotenoids from Ecklonia stolonifera were extracted and their desmutagenicities were assayed. Alginate hydroysates showed desmutagenic activities against PhIP and MeIQx at high level dose. Phenol fractions and bromophenol showed desmutagenic activity of about MeIQx at high level dose. Phenol fractions and bromophenol showed desmutagenic activity of about 90% per 0.5mg against PhIP and MeIQx. Chlorophyllin among chlorophyll derivatives exhibited remarkable desmutagenic activities of 92.9% and 82.7% at 20uM against PhIP and MeIQx, respectively. Carotenoids, such as lutein and
- Mutatin Res. v.259 Carcinogenic N-nitrosamines in the diet: occurrence, formation, mechanisms and carcinogenic potential Tricker, A. R.;Preussmann, R.
- Mutation Res. v.259 Mycotoxins: food contamination, mechanism, carcinogenic potential and preventive measures Chu, F. S.
- Mutation Res. v.259 The formation and occurrence of polynuclear aromatic hydrocarbons associated with food Lijinsky, W.
- Cancer Res.(Suppl.) v.52 Food-derived mutagens and carcinogens Wakabayashi, K.;Nagao, M.;Esumi, H.;Sugimura, T.
- Cancer Lett. v.2 Mutagenicities of smoke condensated and the charred surface of fish and meat Nagao, M.;Honda, M.;Seino, Y.;Yahagi, T.;Sugimura, T.
- Mutation Res. v.259 Carcinogenicities of heterocyclic amines in cooked food Ohgaki, H.;Takayama, S.;Sugimura, T.
- Carcinogenesis v.16 Cancer risk of heterocyclic amines in cooked foods : an analysis and implications for research Layton, D. W.;Bogen, K. T.;Knizw, M. G.;Hatch, F. T.;Johnson, B. N.;Felton, J. S.
- Carcinogenesis v.12 Detection of a carcinogen, 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine(PhIP), in cigarette smoke condensate Manabe, S.;Toyama, K.;Wasa, O.;Aramaki, T.
- Carcinogenesis v.12 A new colon and mammary carcinogen in cooked food, 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenyl-imidazo[4,5-b]pyrodine(PhIP) Ito, N.;Hasegawa, R.;Sano, M.;Tamano, S.;Esumi, H.;Takayama, S.;Sugimura, T.
- Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. v.90 Degradation of mutagens from pyrolysates of tryptophan, glutamic acid and globulin by myeloperoxidase Yamada, M.;Tsuda, M.;Nagao, M.;Mori, M.;Sugimura, T.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.42 Studies on natural desmutagens; screening for vegetable and fruit factors active in inactivation of mutagenic pyrolysis products from amino acids Morita, K.;Hara, M.;Kada, T.
- BIochem. Biophys. Res. Comn. v.88 The enhancing effect of cysteine and its derivatives on the mutagenic activities of the tryptophan-pyrolysis products, Trp-P-1 and Trp-P-2 Negishi, T.;Hataysu, H.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.44 Effect of emodin on the mutagenicity of 3-amino-1-methyl-5H-pyrido[4,3-b]indol toward Salmonella Kushi, A.;Koiwai, A.;Yoshida, D.;Goto, F.
- Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. v.92 Inhibition of the mutagenicity of amino acid pyrolysis products by hemin and other biological pyrrole pigments Arimoto, S.;Ohara, Y.;Namba, T.;Negishi, T.;Hayatsu, H.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.45 Reduction of mutagenic products in the presnece of polyphenols during pyrolysis od protein Fukuhara, Y.;Yoshida, D.;Goto, F.
- 한국영양식량학회지 v.24 녹차, 오룡차 및 홍차 추출물의 돌연변이원성 억제작용 여생규;김인수;안철우;김선본;박영호
- Carcinogenesis v.16 STrong antimutagenic activity of the novel lipophilic antioxidant 1-O-hexyl-2,3,5-trimethylhyd-roquinone against heterocyclic amine induced mutagenesis in the Ames assay and its effect on metabolic activation of 2-amino-6methyldipyrido1,2-α:3',2'-d] imidazole(Glu-P-1) Hirosi, M.;Iwata, S.;Ito, E.;Nishino, Y.;Takahashi, S.;Mizoguchi, Y.;Miki, T.;Satoh, T.;Ito, N.;Shirai, T.
- Mutation Res. v.177 Desmutagenic effect of α-dicarbonyl and α-hydroxycarbonyl compounds against mutagenic heterocyclic amines Kim, S. B.;Hayase, F.;Kato, H.
- 한국수산학회지 v.27 Maillard 반응생성물의 돌연변이원성에 대한 해조 및 야채 추출물의 억제효과 김인수;김선봉;박영호
- Develop. in Food Sci. v.13 Desmutagenic effect of melanoidins against amino acid protein pyrolysates Kim, S. B.;Hayase, F.;Kato, H.
- 한국수산학회지 v.27 알긴산의 화학적 조성 및 그 물성에 관한 연구 ; (1) 감태 알긴산의 우론산의 조성 김동수;박영호
- 천연물화학연구법 우원식
- Handbook of thin-layer chromatography v.55 Chromatographic science Isaksen, M.;Sherma, J.(ed.);Fried, B.(ed.)
- Discoloration of food and its chemistry(in Japanese) Nakabayashi, T.;Kimura, S.;Kato, H.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.23 Isolation and physicochemical properties of carotenoid pigments from orange peels Shim, K. H.;Sung, N. K.;Kang, K. S.;Choi, J. S.;Jang, C. W.
- Mutation Res. v.113 Revised methods for the Salmonella mutagenicity test Maron, D. M.;Ames, B. N.
- Mutation Res. v.48 Mutagenecities of N-nitrosamines Salmonella Yahagi, T.;Magao, M.;Seino, Y.;Matsushima, T.;Sugimura, T.;Okada, M.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.55 Adsorption of mutagens in distilled water by dietary fiber Nishiyama, C.;Nagai, T.;Yano, T.
- 부산수대연보 v.15 갈조류의 알긴산 함량에 관한 연구 박영호
- Phytochemistry v.31 Sulphated phlorotannins from the brown algae Pleurophycus gardneri Glombitza, K. W.;Knoss, W.
- Phytochemistry v.32 A phenolsulphatase from the marine brown alga Pleurophycus gardneri Knoss, W.;Glombitza, K. W.
- Carcinogenesis v.13 Chemopreventive properties of chlorophyllin; Inhibition of aflatoxin B₁(AFB₁)-DNA binding in vivo and anti-mutagenic activity against AFB₁ and two heterocyclic amines in the Salmonella mutagenicity assay Dashwood, R. H.;Berinholt, V.;Bailey, G. S.
- Carcinogenesis v.13 Inhibition of 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline(IQ)-DNA binding by chlorophyllin; Studies of enzyme inhibition and molecular complex formation Dashwood, R. H.;Guo, D.