- Volume 14 Issue 1
Long -Term Settlement Behavior of Landfills with Consideration of Refuse Decomposition
분해가 고려된 쓰레기 매립지의 장기 침하 거동
- Park, Hyeon-Il (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Seung-Rae (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Go, Gwang-Hun
- Published : 1998.02.01
In refuse landfill, long-term settlement is considerably dependent upon the biological decomposition of refuse which is distinguished from typical soil behavior. Two equations are combined in order to model long-term settlement behavior of refuse landfill caused by mechanical secondary compression and secondary compression caused by the decomposition of biolegradable refuse. It is suggested that mechanical secondary compression is linear with respcet to the logarithm of time. In order to estimate the settlement that occurs due. to the decomposition of biodegradable refuse, a mathematical model is used which theoretically conoiders the decomposition process related to the solubilization stage of biodegradable refuse solid. This model is based on hydrolysis process and expressed as first order kinetics. The proposed model is applied to Lysimeter compression data of an old refuse. This paper intends to propose the simplest mathematical model which effectively represents settlement caused by the solubilization stage of biodegradable refuse solid on decomposition process.
- Lystimeter 를 이용한 폐기물 매립지 안정화 연구 서울대학교 환경안전연구소
- 한국지반공학회 (난지도 매립지 안정화 기본설계)장기침하 특성분석보고서
- Geotechnique v.31 no.4 Compressibility and Strength of Decomposing Fibre-Clay Soils Al Khafaji,A.W.N.;Andersland,O.B.
- The Thirteenth Annual Madison Waste Conference,September Settlement of Municipal Solid Waste Landfills Bjarngard,A.;Edgers,L.
- Thesis Submitted in Partial Fulfillment of M.S. in C.E.,Tuft Unversity,Medford,MA,May 1989 The Compressibility Characteristics of Landfills Bjarngard,A.
- Critical Reviews in Environmental Control v.19 no.6 Methane Production from Municipal Refuse:a Review of Enhancement Techniques and Microbial Dynamics Barlaz,M.A.;Ham,R.K.;Schaefer,D.M.
- PhD dissertation Dept. of Civil Engineering,Northwestern University,Evanston,III Time-Settlement Behavior of Milled Refuse Chen,W.H.
- Geotechnics of Waste Fills-Theory and Practice:ASTM STP 1070 ASTM Settlement of Municipal Refuse Edjl,T.B.;Ranguette,V.J.;Wuellner,W.
- Waste Management and Research v.7 A Numerical Model for Methane Production in Managed Sanitary Landfills El Fadel,M.;Findikakis,A.N.;Lechie,J.O.
- Proceeding of WasteTech Conference,Charleston,SC,January 1994 Geotechnical properties of Municipal Solid Wasted and Their Use in Landfill Design Fasset,J.B.;Leonards,C.A.;Repetto,C.
- Proc,Bulding on Marginal and Derelict Land:An Institution of Civil Engineers Conf.,Glasgow,U.K. The Stockley Park Project Gordon,D.L.;Lord,J.A.;Twine,D.
- Sanitary Landfill Design Manual,Department of Engineering Professional Department ,University of Wisconsin-Madison Biological and Chemical Processes in Landfills Ham,R.K.
- Waste Management and Research v.1 Significance of Biogas Production in Waste Hoeks,J.
- Geotechnical Testing Journal v.18 no.2 Geotechnical properties of Municipal Solid Waste Gabr,M.A.;Valero,S.N.
- ISWA '95 World Congress on Waste Management Wien October Degormability of Waste and Settlements of Sanitary Landfills Grisolia M.;Napoleoni,Q.
- Proc.Int.Symp.Green '93,Bolton ,UK,A.A.Balkema,Rotterdam Determination and Assessment of the Mechanical Properties of Waste Material Jessberger,H.L.;Kockel,R.
- Geotechnics of Waste Fills-Theory and Practice:ASTM STP 1070 ASTM.Philadelphia,Pa Geotechnics of Waste Fill Landva,A.O.;Clark,J.I.
- Vol. I.,Task 1-Laboratory Feasibility,Dynatech R & D Co.,Cambridge Mass,USA Feasibility Study for Recovering Methane Gas from the Greenwood Street Sanitary Landfill Worcester,Mass Leushner,A.P.
- Proceedings of the 1989 Joint CSCE-ASCE National Conference. A Microbial Model of Landfill Stabilization McGowan,K,C.;Pohland,F.G.;Saunders,F.M.;Williams,N.D.
- Ful Gas Production from Biomass, Review of Methane Fermentation Fundamentals Mclnerney,M.J.;Mryant,M.P.(ed.)Wise,D.L.
- Geotechnics of Waste Fills-Theory and Practice:ASTM STP 1070 ASTM Settlement and Engineering Considerations in Landfill Final Cover Design Morris,D.V.;Woods,C.E.
- International Symposium on Environmental Geotechnology Criteria for Geotechnical Construction of Sanitary Landfills Owiess,I.S.;Khera,R.P.
- Geotechnical Practice for Disposal of Solid Waste Materials,Ann Arbor,Mich Settlement of Refuse Landfills Rao,S.K.;Moulton,L.K.;Seals,R.K.
- Proceedings, The Eighth International Conference of Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering,Moscow,1973 Settlement of Waste Disposal Fills Sowers,G.F.
- Proceedings, Tenth International Conference for Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering v.2 Settlement of Sludge Landfills with Fiber Decomposition Wardwell,R.E.;Nelson,J.D.
- Journal of Geotechnical Engineering Division,ASCE v.105 no.5 Sanitary Landfill Settlement Rates Yen,B.C.;Scanlon,B.
- Journal of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology v.46 Mathematical Modelling of Landfill Degradation Young,A.