- Volume 5 Issue 1
Animation of AVP and DAVP for Regression diagnostics
- Park, Sung-H. (Department of Computer Science and Statistics, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Jae-J. (Department of Computer Science and Statistics, Seoul National) ;
- Chung, Sung-H (Department of Computer Science and Statistics, Seoul National)
- Published : 1998.04.01
Since 1960s, in which the computer graphics system first appeared, various graphical techniques have been introduced for regression diagnostics and they have been remarkably developed. In particular, animation, one of the dynamic graphical methods which Cook and Weisberg (1989) proposed helps to show the effect of adding variables or observations to a model, or removing them from a model on the regression results. We present the added variable plots (AVP) with animation, which can be used as an optical tool of understanding the affect of some variables or observations on other variables, and the detrended added-variable plots (DAVP) with animation, through which it is possible to find out whether specific variables or observations have an effect on the nonlinearity of other variables or not.
- Statistical Science v.2 Dynamic graphics for data analysis (with discussion) Becker, R. A.;Cleveland, W. S.;Wilks, A. R.
- Regression diagnostics: identifying influential data and sources of collinearity Belsley, D. A.;Kuh, E.;Welsch, R. E.
- Graphical methods for data analysis Chambers, J. M.;Cleveland, W.;Kleiner, B.;Tukey, P.
- Sensitivity Analysis in Linear Regression Chatterjee, S.;Hadi, A. S.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.79 Research in statistical graphics Cleveland, W. S.
- Residuals and influence in regression Cook, R. D.;Weisberg, S.
- Technometrics v.31 Regression diagnostics with dynamic graphics (with discussion) Cook, R. D.;Weisberg, S.
- Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh v.21 Further experiments and remarks on the measurement of height by the boiling point of water Frobes, J. D.
- Computational Statistics and Data Analysis v.19 Dynamic plots for displaying the roles of variables and observations in regression model Park, S. H.;Kim, S. S.
- Statistical Papers v.33 Regression diagnostics for removing an observation with animating graphics Park, S. H.;Kim, Y. H.