- Volume 5 Issue 1
This research aims here to develop a certain extended double sampling plan, EDS, which is an extension of ordinary double sampling plan in the sense that the second-stage sampling effort and second-stage critical value are allowed to depend on the point at which the first-stage continuation region is traversed. For purpose of comparison, single sampling plan, optimal ordinary double sampling plan(ODS) and sequential probability ratio test are considered with the same overall error rates, respectively. It is observed that the EDS idea allows less sampling effort than the optimal ODS.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.70 Double sampling tests for the mean of normal population Spurrier, J. D.;Hewett, J. E.
- Bell Technical Journal v.20 Single sampling and double sampling inspection tables Dodge, H. F.;Romig, H. G.
- Probability and Related Topics in Physical Sciences Kac, M.
- Biometrics v.35 A multiple testing procedure for clinical trials O'Brien, P. C.;Fleming, T. R.
- Biometrics v.38 Interim analyses for randomized clinical trials : the group-sequential approach Pocock, S. J.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association v.70 Optimum double sampling tests of given strength 1. The normal distribution Hald, A.
- Optimal flexible two-stage plans. Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis, Iowa State University Ko, S. G.
- Proceedings of the Autumn Conference, 1996 Correspondence of Neyman-Pearson Error Probabilities and Bayes Wrong Decision Costs for Certain Optimal Binomial Two-stage Plans Ko, S. G.;David H. T.