- Volume 5 Issue 1
In testing the partial association between two variables after controlling for the S levels of a third factor, the Mantel and Haenszel (1959) statistic is often used. Since the statistic is based on the asymptotic distribution of the sum X of S hypergeometric variates, a guideline for the minimum requirements for the application of the statistic is useful. Mantel and Fleiss (1980) developed a criterion based on the guideline for the Pearson's
- Biometrika v.61 On the small-sample properties of the Mantel-Haenszel test for relative risk Bennett, B.M.;Kaneshiro, C.
- Biometrics v.26 On McNemar's test for the 2？2 table and its power function Bennett, B.M.;Underwood, R.E.
- Journal of Royal Statistical Society B. v.26 The detection of partial association, I: The 2×2 case Birch, M.W.
- Biometrics v.10 Some methods for strengthening the common χ² tests Cochran, W.G.
- American Statistician v.33 On the alias method for generating random variables from a discrete distribution Kronmal, R.A.;Peterson, A.V. Jr.
- Biometrika v.66 Small sample properties of the Mantel-Haenszel test Li, S.H.;Simon, R.M.;Gart, J.J.
- American Journal of Epidemiology v.112 Minimum expected cell size requirements for the Mantel-Haenszel one-degree-of-freedom chi-square test and a related rapid procedure Mantel, N.;Fleiss, J.L.
- Journal of National Cancer Institute v.22 Statistical aspects of the analysis of data from retrospective studies of disease Mantel, N.;Haenszel, W.
- Statistics and Probability Letters v.8 Toward a universal random number generator Marsaglia, G.;Zaman, A.;Tsang, W.W.
- Psychometrika v.12 Note on the sampling error of the difference between correlated proportions or percentages McNemar, Q.
- Simulation and Computing v.17 A Monte Carlo study of three odds ratio estimators and four tests of association in several 2×2 tables when the data are sparse, Communications in Statistics O'Gorman, T.W.;Woolson, R.F.;Jones, M.P.;Lemke, J.H.
- Fundamentals of Biostatistics (2nd Ed.) Rosner, B.A.
- Journal of Royal Statistical Society A v.145 A comparison of alternative tests for the 2×2 comparative trial Upton