- Volume 5 Issue 2
The entropy measure is considered to denote the uncertainty of order statistics filters and choose the length of consecutive order statistic filters. However, it needs much calculations to get the amount of the entropy of all possible sets of consecutive order statistics, and the results of those calculations return many numerical values. Thus we provide an efficient graphical presentation of those numerical values, which make it easy to understand the distribution of the entropy among order statistics.
- Order statistics(2nd ed.) H. A. David
- Bell Syst. Tech. J. v.27 A mathematical theory of communication C. E. Shannon
- IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory v.36 The entropy of ordered sequences and order statistics K. M. Wong;S. Chan
- IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory v.41 The entropy of consecutive order statistics S. Park
- Biometrika v.76 On the relative efficiency of grouped and censored survival data Turrero, A.
- Biometrika v.77 Relative information loss under Type II censored exponential data N. Ebrahimi;E. S. Soofi
- Biometrika v.69 On the loss of information through censoring R. J. Brooks