- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
Ultrasonic technique which is one of the most common nondestructive evaluation techniques has been applied to evaluate the integrity of structures by analyzing the characteristic of scattering sign al from internal defects. Therefore, a numerical analysis of ultrasonic scattering field due to defect profiles is absolutely needed for the accurate, quantitative estimation of internal defects. In this paper, the SH-wave scattering by multi-cavity defects and inclusion using Elastodynamic Boundary Element Method is studied. The effects of shape and distance of defects on transmitted and reflected fields are considered. The interaction of multi-cavity defects in SH-wave scattering is also investigated. Numerical calculations by the BEM have been carried out to predict near field solution of scattered fields of ultrasonic SH-wave. The presented results can be used to improve the detection sensitivity and pursue quantitative nondestructive evaluation for inverse problem.
Nondestructive Evaluation;SH-Wave;Defect;Inclusion;Multi-Scattering;Boundary Element Method
- 한국비파괴검사학회지 v.13 no.4 초음파를 이용한 입자강화 금속복합재료의 계면특성에 관한 이론적 연구 이준현
- J. Japan Soc. Str. Fracture Mats v.31 no.2 Development of Measuring Technique for Micro-Crack in Ceramic by High Frequency Acoustic Microscopy Lee, J. H.;Ahn, B. S.
- Boundary Integral Equation Methods in Eigenvalue Problems Kitahara, Michihiro
- The Diffraction of Elastic Waves and Dynamic Stress Concentrations Mow, Chao-Chow;Pao, Yih-Hsing
- Int. J. Engng v.27 Effect of an Adjacent Cavity on the Interaction of Elastic Waves with a Crack Zhang, C. H.;Achenbach, J. D.
- 대한기계학회논문집 A권 v.22 no.12 세라믹의 열충격 손상거동 및 초음파 Lamb파를 이용한 비파괴적 손상평가 이준현;이진경;조윤호
- Boundary Element Methods in Mechanics Beskos, Dimitri E.
- The Boundary Element Method for Engineers Brebbia, C. A.
- 한국비파괴검사학회지 v.18 no.4 재료내 다중결함에 의한 SH형 초음파 산란장의 수치해석 이준현;이서일;조윤호
- Wave Propagation in Elastic Solids Achenbach, J. D.