- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
The delamination behavior of multidirectional carbon-fiber/epoxy composite laminates under 10NA intermediate and high rates of test, up to rate of about 11.4m s has been investigated using the double cantilever beam specimens. The mode I loading under rates above l.0m/s showed considerable dynamic effects on the load-time curves and thus higher values of the average crack velocity than that expected from a simple proportional relationship with the test rate. The modified beam analysis utilizing only the opening displacement and crack length exhibited an effective means for evaluating the dynamic fracture energy
Impact Test Under Low and High Rates;Multidirectional Laminates;Mode I Delamination;Modified Beam Analysis;Fracture Energy;Crack Velocity;Crack Jumping
- Journal of Materials Science v.30 The Failure of Fiber Composites and Adhesively Bonded Fiber Composites under High Rates of Test Part I: Mode I Loading-Experimental Studies Blackman, B. R. K.;Dear, J. P.;Kinloch, A. J.;Macgillivray, H.;Wang, Y.;Williams, J. G.;Yayla, P.
- KSME International Journal v.12 A Study on Residual Fatigue Bending Strength and Damage Behavior of CFRP Composites Subjected to Impact Loadings Im, K. -H.;Kim, J. -H.;Yang, I. -Y.
- 한국복합재료학회지 충격하중하의 다방향복합적충판의 충간파괴에너지에 미치는 굽힘탄성계수와 섬유가교의 효과 최낙삼;Kinloch, A. J.
- KSME International Journal v.11 Experimental Investigation on Low Energy Impact Behavior of Foam Cored Sandwich Composites Yoon, S. H.;Kwon, Y. W.;Clawson Jr., L. A.
- 대한기계학회논문집A권 v.22 no.3 모드I 하중조건하에 있는 다방향적층복합재료의 충간파괴거동 최낙삼;Kinloch, A. J.
- Journal of Composite Materials v.21 Rate Effects on Mode I Interlaminar Fracture Toughness in Composite Materials Smiley, A. J.;Pipes, R. B.
- ASTM standard E-399
- Composites Science and Technology v.37 Mechanics and Mechanisms of Delamination in a Poly(ether sulphone)-Fiber Composite Hashemi, S.;Kinloch, A. j.;Williams, J. G.
- Journal de Physique III France Mechanical Characterization of Polymers and Composites with a Servohydraulic High-Speed Tensile Testerk Beguelin, Ph.;Barbezat, M.;Kausch, H. H.
- Delamination and Debonding of Materials Effects of Strain Rate on Delamination Fracture Toughness of Graphite/Epoxy Aliyu, A. A.;Daniel, I. M.