- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
One of the main causes of severe wear or crack initiation in wheel and rail is the contact stress due to wheel-rail contact. In this paper, the shape design based on more reasonable contact stress analysis rather than a general Hertzian contact theory is investigated in order to reduce the contact stress. The optimal design is performed using the simple 2-D finite element model and its results are verified by 3-D finite element analysis.
Wheel-rail Contact;Rolling Stock;Contact Stress Distribution;Optimal Design
- New Light Corrugated Wheel Yamamura, Yoshinari
- 고속전철 기술개발사업 연구결과 논문집 휠-레일 접촉응력해석 이강용
- International Conference on Rail Quality and Maintenance for Modern Railway Operation Numerical Analysis of 3D Cracks Propagating in the Rail-Wheel Contact Zone Miroslaw Olzak
- Journal of KSTLE v.13 no.3 고속전철용 레일-휠 접촉에서 응력분포에 관한 유한요소해석 김청균;김기환
- Wear v.144 Development of Freight Car Wheel Profiles - a Case Study Leary, John F.
- Wear v.191 Wheel-Rail Contact Mechanics at Full Scale on the Test Stand Akira Matsumoto
- Contact Mechanics Johnson, K. L.
- Wear v.144 An Optimization Technique to Minimize Rail Contact Stresses Smallwood, R.
- Wear v.144 Design of Rail Head Profiles with Full Use of Grinding Sato, Yoshihiko