- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
The Rayleigh-Ritz method is used to investigate the natural frequencies and mode shapes of the ring stiffened cylindrical shells with a rectangular cutout. The cutout is located on the center of the shell. The Love's thin shell theory combined with the discrete stiffener theory is adopted to formulate the analytical model of the shell. The effect of stiffener eccentricity, number, and position on vibration characteristics of the shell is examined. Also the effect of cutout size is examined. By comparison with previously published analytical and new FEM results, it is shown that natural frequencies and mode shapes can be determined with adequate accuracy.
Natural Frequency;Mode Shaped;Ring Stiffened Cylindrical Shell;Rectangular Cutout;Discrete Stiffener Theory
- J. of Sound and Vibration v.113 no.2 Prediction of Natural Frequency of Vibration of Stiffened Cylindrical Shells and Orthogonally Stiffened Curved Panels Mustafa, B. A. J.;Ali, R.
- 한국소음진동공학회 v.6 no.4 복합재료원통셸의 고유 진동수 및 좌굴하중에 대한 직교보강특성 연구 이영신;김영완
- 대한기계학회논문집(A) v.20 no.7 길이방향으로 보강된 복합재료 원통쉘의 진동해석 이영신;김영완
- Computers and Structures v.69 no.2 Vibration Analysis of Rotating Composite Cylindrical Shells with Orthogonal Stiffeners Lee, Y. S.;Kim, Y. W.
- ANSYS User Manual v.III Element SASI
- J. of Engineering Mechanics v.123 Ritz Method for Vibration Analysis of Cylindrical Shells with Ring Stiffeners Wang, M.;Swaddiwudhipong, S.;Tian, J.
- J. of Sound and Vibration v.13 Free Vibration of Ring-Stiffened Cylindrical Shells Al-Najafi, A. M. J.;Warburton, G. B.
- AIAA Journal v.7 Dynamic Behavior of a Cylinder with a Cutout Brogan, F.;Forsberg, K.;Smith, S.
- 한국소음진동공학회지 v.8 no.3 회전운동을 고려한 cutout이 있는 복합재료원통셸의 구조진동해석 및 최적설계 이영신;김영완
- J. of Sound and Vibration v.52 no.1 Vibrations of Stiffened Cylinders with Cutouts Mahabaliraja, Boyd, D. E.;Brugh, R. L.
- J. of Applied Mechanics v.62 Analysis of Ring-Stiffened Cylindrical Shells Yang, B.;Zhou, J.