- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
This paper presents the effect of shape of external corrosion in pipeline on failure prediction by using numerical simulation. The numerical study for the pipeline failure analysis is based on the FEM(Finite Element Method) with an elastic-plastic and large-deformation analysis. The predicted failure stress assessed for the simulated corrosion defects having different corroded shapes along the pipeline axis are compared with those by methods specified in ANSl/ASME B31G code and a modified B31G code.
FEM;Corrosion Defect;Failure Characteristics;von Mises Stress;Pit;Groove;Shape of External Corrosion
- 한국산업안전학회 1998년도 추계학술대회논문집 외부부식된 파이프라인의 파손예측에 대한 평가기준 이억섭;김호중
- Symposium on Line Pipe Research Corroded Pipe Strength and Repair Methods Kiefner, J. F.
- Int. J. Pres. Ves. & Piping v.69 Reliability Estimation of Pressurized Pipelines Subject to Localized Corrosion Defects Ahammed, M.;Melchers, R. E.
- Oil and Gas Journal v.88 no.32 New Method Corrects Criterion for Evaluating Corroded Pipe Kiefner, J. F.;Vieth, P. H.
- A Supplement to ANSI/ASME B31G Code for Pressure Piping Manual for Determining the Remaining Strength of Corroded Pipeline
- Proc. 11th Int. conf. Offshore Mech&Arctic Eng. v.V Analyzing the Pressure Strength of Corroded Linepipe Bubenik, T. A.;Olson, R. J.;Stephens, D. R.;Francini, R. B.
- 대한기계학회 재료 및 파괴부문 춘계학술대회 논문집 외부부식의 폭이 파이프라인의 파손예측에 미치는 영향 이억섭;김호중
- ABAQUS v5.7 Hibbit, Karlson and Sorenson Inc.
- Oil and Gas Journal Pressure Calculation for Corroded Pipe Developed Kiefner, J. F.;Hisey, D. T.;O'Grady, T. J.
- Underground Pipeline Engineering Criterion for Predicting Failure of Corroded Linepipe Bin, F.;Mike, G. K.
- Int. J. Pres. Ves. & Piping v.59 Remaining load carrying capacity of gas pipelines damaged by surgace corrosion Valenta, F.;Sochor, M.;Spaniel, M.;Michalec, J.