- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
The basic requirements to improve the joints quality of tube-to-tubesheet for heat exchangers are to obtain high residual contact pressures between the tubes and the tubesheet as well as low residual stresses in the transition zone of the tubes. The residual contact pressures and residual stresses which govern the joint quality are influenced by parameters such as material properties, geometric dimension of tube and tubesheet and expansion pressures. There are two types of tube layout patterns, triangular and square, which are frequently used for heat exchangers. The purpose of the present work is to examine the superior tube layout patterns considering the joints quality by comparing numerical results from sensitivity analyses which were performed for both of tube layout patterns.
Tube;Tubesheet;Tube Layout Patterns;Hydraulic Expansion;Contact Pressure;Residual Stress
- ASME, PVP v.139 Effect of Boundary Conditions on the Tube-Tubesheet Joint Annulus Model=Finite Element Analysis Wang, Y.;Soler, A.I.
- Journal of Pressure Vessel Technology v.109 Evaluation of Tube-to-Tubesheet Junctions Jawad, M.H.;Clarkin, E.J.;Schuessler, R.E.
- ASME, PVP v.175 Residual Stress in Transitions Zone of Heat Exchanger Tubes Updike, D.P.;Kalnins, A.;Caldwell, S.M.
- ASME, PVP v.173 Finite Element Analysis of Hydraulically Expanded Tube-to-Tubesheet Joints : A Parametric Study Chaaban, A.;Morin, E.;Ma, H.;Bazergui, A.
- ASME, PVP v.194 Tube-to-Tubesheet Joints Analysis : A Proposed Method Ma, H.;Chaaban, A.;Bazergui, A.
- Transaction of the ASME v.117 Calculation of Hydraulically Expanded Tube-to-Tubesheet Joints Kohlpaintner, W.R.
- ASME, PVP v.175 Residual Stress in Transition Zone of Heat Exchanger Tubes Updike, D.P.;Kalnins, A.;Caldwell, S.M.
- 대한기계학회(A) v.20 no.4 고온부재의 재질열화에 따른 응력부식균열 평가에 관한 연구 박종진;유효선;정세희
- Mechanical Design of Heat Exchangers and Pressure Vessel Components Singh, K.P.;Soler, A.I.