- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Motion of a Flexible Beam Fixed on a Moving Cart and Carrying a Concentrated Mass
이동 대차 위에 고정되고 집중질량을 갖는 유연보의 운동해석
Park, Sang-Deok;Jeong, Wan-Gyun;Yeom, Yeong-Il;Lee, Jae-Won
- Published : 1999.11.01
In this paper, the equations of motion of a Bernoulli-Euler cantilever beam fixed on a moving cart and carrying a lumped mass concentrated at an arbitrary position along the beam is derived. The motion of the beam-mass-cart system is analyzed through unconstrained modal analysis, and a unified characteristic equation for calculating the natural frequencies of the system is obtained. The changes of natural frequencies and the corresponding mode shapes with respect to the changes in mass ratios of the system and to the concentrated position of the lumped mass are investigated with the frequency equation, which can be generally applied to this kind of systems. The exact and assumed-mode solutions including the dynamics of the base cart are obtained, and the open-loop responses of the system by arbitrarily designed forcing function are given by numerical simulations. The results match well with physical phenomena even at the extreme cases where the concentrated mass is attached to the bottom and to the top of the beam.
Flexible Beam;Frequency Equation;Natural Frequency;Unconstrained Modal Analysis
- Proceedings of Korean Automatic Control Conference(KACC) Analysis of the Motion of a Cart with an Inverted Flexible Beam and a Concentrated Tip Mass Park, S.D.;Chung, W.K.;Youm, Y.;Lee, J.W.
- IEEE/ASME Trans. on Mechatronics v.3 no.2 Asymptotic Stable End-Point Regulation of a Flexible SCARA/Cartesian Robot Ge, S.S.;Lee, T.H.;Zhu, G.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.154 no.1 An Additional Evaluation of Free Vibrations of Beam-Mass System Maurizi, M.J.;Belles, P.M.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.17 no.3 유연한 3 자유도 로봇 팔 진동의 능동제어 (I) 동력학적 모델링 하영균;박영필
- Theory of Robot Control de Wit, C.C.;Siciliano, B.;Bastin, G.
- AIAA Journal v.16 no.3 Natural Frequencies of a Cantilever with an Asymmetrically Attached Tip Mass Anderson, G.L.
- Journal of Applied Mechanics v.51 no.1 Vibration Frequencies and Mode Shapes for a Constrained Cantilever Lau, J.H.
- The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America v.40 no.2 Method of Calculation of Frequencies of Partially Fixed Beams Carrying Masses Amba-Rao, C.L.
- v.83 no.4 Vibration of a Cantilever Beam with a Base Excitation and Tip Mass To, C.W.S.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.204 no.2 Vibration Frequencies of a Constrained Flexible Arm Carrying an End Mass Fung, E.H.K.;Shi, Z.X.
- Proceedings of the 36th Conference on Decision & Control Variable Structure Regulation of a Flexible Arm with a Translational Base Zhu, G.;Ge, S.S.;Lee, T.H.
- ASME Transaction of Dynamic System Measurement and Control(DSMC) v.110 Unconstrained and Constrained Mode Expansion for a Flexible Slewing Link Barbieri, E.;Ozguner, U.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.45 no.2 Natural Frequencies of a Uniform Cantilever with a Tip Mass Slender in the Axial Direction Bhat, R.;Wagner, H.
- Int. J. Robotic Research v.3 Initial Experiment on the End-Point Control of a Flexible One-Link Robot Canon, R.H.;Schmitz, E.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.39 no.4 On the Vibration of Beams or Rods Carrying a Concentrated Mass Chen, Y.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.215 no.2 On the Eigenfrequencies for Mass Loaded Beams under Classical Boundary Conditions Low, K.H.
- Journal of Applied Mechanics v.47 Vibrations of a Beam Carrying a Concentrated Mass Goel, R.P.
- 대한기계학회논문집 v.11 no.6 유연한 단일링크 로봇 조작기의 최적귀환제어 하영균;김승호;이상조;박영필
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.44 no.4 Lateral Displacement of a Vibrating Cantilever with a Concentrated Mass Parnell, L.A.;Cobble, M.H.
- J. Acoust. Soc. Am. v.102 no.6 Vibration and Dynamic Response Control of Cantilevers Carrying External Mounted Stores Librescu, L.;Na, S.S.