- Volume 23 Issue 11 Serial No. 170
DOI QR Code
정밀금형 알루미늄 합금 주물에서의 잔류응력 측정에 관한 연구
On the Measurement of Residual Stresses in Aluminum Alloy Parts Fabricated by Precision Metal Mold Casting
- Kim, Chae-Hwan (Yonsei University) ;
- Mun, Su-Dong (Yonsei University) ;
- Gang, Sin-Il (Yonsei University)
- 발행 : 1999.11.01
One of the main causes of unwanted dimensional changes in precision metal mold casting parts is excessive and irregular residual stresses induced by temperature gradients and plastic deformation in the solidifying shell. Residual stresses can also cause stress cracking, and lower the fatigue life and fracture strength of the casting parts. In the present study, aluminum alloy casting system with metal mold equipped with electrical heating elements and water cooling units was designed and the casting specimens were produced to quantify the effects of different cooling conditions on the development of residual stresses. The layer removal method was used to measure the biaxial residual stresses in casting specimens produced from the experiments. The experimental results agreed with Tien-Richmond's theoretical model for thermal stress development for the solidifying metal plate.
- Journal of Applied Mechanics v.49 Theory of Maximum Tensile Stresses in the Solidifying Shell of a Constrained Rectangular Casting Tien, R. H.;Richmond, O.
- Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids v.11 Elasto-Plastic Thermal Stresses in a Solidifying Body Weiner, J. H.;Boley, B. A.
- Journal of Mechanics and Physics of Solids v.19 Thermal Stress and Air-gap Formation During the Early Stages of Solidification in a Rectangular Mold Richmond, O.;Tien, R. H.
- Trans. ASME, Iron & Steel v.56 Determination of Initial Stresses by Measuring the Deformation Around Drilled holes Mathar, J.
- Polymer Engineering and Science v.32 The Measurement of Thermal Stress Distributions along the Flow Path in Injection-Molded Flat Plates Hastenberg, C. H.;Wildervanck, P. C.
- Materials Science and Technology v.2 Solidification modelling : current limitations and future potential Campbell, J.
- 대한기계학회논문집 A권 v.23 no.1 Inverse 열전도해석 및 경계추적유한요소법을 통한 알루미늄 합금주물의 응고해석에 관한 연구 문수동;강신일
- Treatise Mater. Sci. Technol. v.19A The Measurement of Residual Stresses by X-Ray Diffraction Techniques James, M. R.;Cohen, J. B.
- Residual Stresses and Mechanical Properties of Injection Molded Parts Crouthamel, D. L.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering v.38 Control of the Freezing Interface Motion in Two-Dimensional Solidification Processes Using the Adjoint Method Kang, S.;Zabaras, N.
- Journal of Applied Mechanics v.22 no.#2 A Mechanical Determination of Biaxial Residual Stress in Sheet Materials Treuting, R. G.;Read, Jr., W. T.
- Journal of Materials Processing & Manufacturing Science v.2 Thermomechanical Final State Design of Unidirectional Solidification Processes Zabaras, N.;Kang, S.