- Volume 11 Issue 4 Serial No. 41
The fatigue crack growth analysis based on the fracture mechanics is useful to the estimation of the fatigue life on welded structures under cyclic loading. The analysis procedure in fatigue crack growth under uniform axial loading is applicable to bending fatigue problem as well. The intent of the present study is to show the procedure for calculating the fatigue crack propagation lifetimes of deckplates under bending stress and to explain the crack growth rates for the two dimensional crack problems. It is shown that the fatigue crack grows at a decreasing rate and the fatigue life depends on the initial crack length and the crack shape. The numerically predicted crack growth agree with the experimental data.
- 강구조물의 피로설계지침.동해설 일본강구조협회
- 日本造船學會論文集 no.172 平成 4年, プロツク荷重を受ける溶接構造の疲勞壽命推定法に關する一考察 Machida, Susumu;Matoba, Masaaki;Yoshinari, Hitoshi;Lin, Chung-hung;Makino, Hiroyuki
- ASCE v.103 no.ST2 Rapid calculation of stress intensity factors Albrecht, P.;Yamada, K.
- JSCE no.386 An analysis of fatigue crack growth from blowholes in longitudinal welded joints Miki, C.;Mori, T.;Sasaki, T.;Sakamoto, K.
- The Stress analysis of crack handbook Tada, H.;Paris, P.;Irwin, G.
- Part-Trough Crack Fatigue Life Prediction. ASTM. STP 687 Chang, J.B.
- Fracture and Fatigue Control in Structures Barsom, John M.;Rolfe, Stanley T.