- Volume 24 Issue 3
We consider the development of an integer programming model and algorithm for the ATM switching node location problem. There are two kinds of facilities, hub facilities and remote facilities, with different capacities and installation costs. Each customer needs to be connected to one or more hub facilities via remote facilities, where the hub(remote) facilities need to be installed at the same candidate installation site of hub(remote) facility. We are given a set of customers with each demand requirements, a set of candidate installation sites of facilities, and connection costs between facilities, We need to determine the locations to place facilities, the number of facilities for each selected location, the set of customers who are connected to each installed hub facilities via installed remote facilities with minimum costs, while satisfying demand requirements of each customer. We formulate this problem as a general integer programming problem and solve it to optimality. In this paper, we develop a branch-and-cut algorithm with path variables. In the algorithm, we consider the integer knapsack polytope and derive valid inequalities. Computational experiments show that the algorithm works well in the real world situation. The results of this research can be used to develop optimization algorithms to solve capacitated facility location problems.
- 광대역 정보통신(2판) 이병기;강민호;이종희
- Mathematics of Operations Research v.20 Capacitated Facility Location : Valid Inequalities and Facets Aardal, K.;Y. Pochet;L.A. Wolsey
- European Journal of Operational Research v.22 Facility location models for distribution planning Aikens, C. H.
- Mathematics of Operations Research v.8 On the uncapacitated plant location problem I : Valid inequalities and facets Cho, D. C.;E. L. Johnson;M.W. Padberg;M.R. Rao
- Mathematics of Operations Research v.8 On the uncapacitated plant location problem Ⅱ : Facets and lifting theorems Cho, D. C.;E. L. Johnson;M.W. Padberg;M.R. Rao
- Network and Discrete Location : Models, Algorithms, and Applications Daskin, M. S.
- Computers and Intractability : A Guide to the theory of NP-Completeness Garey, M. R.;D. S. Johnson
- M.S. thesis, Dept. of I.E. KAIST Algorithm for the ATM Switching Node Location Problem Kim, D.
- working paper, TNRL Optimization Models and Algorithms for Planning ATM Networks Kim, S.;M. Kim;S. Lee;K. Ryu
- Ph.D. thesis, Dept. of I.E., KAIST Routing and Capacity Assignment Models and Algorithms for the Design of Telecommunication Networks Lee, K.
- Mathematical Programming v.44 Valid inequalities and facets of capacitated plant location problem Leung, J. M. Y.;T. L. Magnanti
- Journal of Operational Research Society v.32 An Algorithm for the Fixed-Charge Assigning Users to Sources Problem Neebe, A. W.;M. R. Rao
- Integer and Combinatorial Optimization Nemhauser, G. L.;L. A. Wolsey
- SIAM Review v.33 A branch-and-cut algorithm for the resolution of large-scale symmetric traveling salesman problems Padberg, M.;G. Rinaldi
- working paper, TNRL Facility Location Problem for the Initial Deployment of B-ISDN Ryu, K.;S. Kim;H. Song;S. Chung