- Volume 12 Issue 3
In this paper, an experimental study on the buckling and postbuckling control of a laminated composite beam with eccentrically embedded SMA wire actuators is performed. For the purpose of enhancing the critical buckling load, buckling control is investigated through the use of reactive moment associated with the shape recovery force of SMA wire actuators. To improve the control authority for the buckling and postbuckling control of the SMA-composite beam, closed-loop control is used. The buckling and postbuckling control behaviours are presented and discussed qualitatively and quantitatively on loaddeflection plots considering the stacking sequence of the laminate, slenderness ratio of the beam and activation conditions of the SMA wire actuators. By maintaining the desired deflection shape with the proper reactive moment, buckling control can be extended to the postbuckling of the SMA-composite beam subjected to an external load.
- Compo. Struct v.35 The buckling of composite stiffened box sections subjected to compression and bending Loughlan J.
- J. of Sound and Vibration v.185 no.1 Control of the natural frequencies of Nitinol-rein-forced composite beams Baz, A.;Poh, S.;Ro, J.;Gilheany, J.
- 복합재료학회 v.11 no.6 형상기억합금 선을 삽입한 복합적층 보의 좌굴제어 최섭;이정주;전제춘
- J. of Mater. Science v.30 Bending of shape-memory alloy-reinforced composite beam Sun, G.;Sun, C.T.
- Acta metallurgy and materials v.41 no.8 Transient heat transer effects on the pweudoelastic beharior of shape memory alloy wires Leo, P.H.;Shield T.W.;Bruno, O.P.
- Int. J. Fracture v.43 Interface crack between two elastic layers Suo, Z.;Hutchison, J.H.
- Smart Mater. and Struct. v.7 no.6 The shape control of composite beam with embedded shape memory alloy wire actuators Choi, S.;J.J. Lee
- Compo. Struct. v.38 no.1-4 Adaptive post-buckling response of carbon fibre composite plates employing SMA actuators Thompson, S.P.;Loughlan, J.
- J. Acoust. Soc. Am. v.88 no.6 Active vibration and structural acustic control of shape memory alloy hybrid composite: Experimental results Rogers, C.A.
- Stability and optimization of flexible structures Britvec, S.J.
- J. of Intell. Mater. Sys. and Sturct. v.1 One-dimen-sional Thermomechanical Constitutive Relations for shape memory materials Liang, C.;Rogers, C.A.
- Proceedings of the 33st structures, Structural, Dynamic and Materials conference Active buckling control of reinforced composite beams Baz, A.;Ro, J.;Mutua, M.;Gilheany, J.
- Shape memory effects in alloys Perkins, J.
- JSME Int. Journal v.A38 Cyclic deformation of TiNi Shape memory alloy Tobushi, H.;P.H. Lin;T. Hattori;M. Makita
- Proceeding of SPIE 2721 Overview of the ARPA/WL smart structures and materials Development-Smart wing Contract Kudva, J.;Jardine, P.;Martin C.;Appa, K.
- Theory of elastic stability Timoshenko, S.;Gere. J.
- Technical information of shape memory alloys SMA Inc.
- J. of Intell. Mater. Syst. and Struct. v.7 Design and Meterial evaluation of shape memory composites Furuya, Y.
- J. of Compo. Mater. A study on the buckling and postbuckling control of composite beam with embedded NiTi actuators Choi, S.;Lee, J.J.;Suh, D.C.