- Volume 28 Issue 5
Studies on compositional Characteristics and Quantitative Determination of Buckwheat Flour in Commercial Products of Kangwondo Makkuksoo(Buckwheat Noodle) and Buckwheat Flour
강원도 막국수와 메밀분의 성분학적 특성 및 시판제품 중의 메밀함량 감별법
- 이상영 (강원대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 최용순 (강원대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 심태흠 (강원대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 김준래 (강원대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 김성완 (강원대학교 생명과학부) ;
- 정의호 (강원도 보건환경연구원)
- Published : 1999.10.01
This study was tried to evaluate possibilities for discriminating the mixture degree of wheat flour from buckwheat products. Buckwheat was milled into four grades of powder, i.e. whole grain flour (WGF), inner layer flour(ILF), middle layer flour(MLF) and outer layer flour(OLF)), and these powders were mixed with wheat flour(WF) to make mixed samples. Ash, protein and fat contents of the buckwheat flours were high in the order of OLF=WGF>MLF>ILF. On the other hand, WF showed a similar content to OLF in ash and protein, and to ILF in fats. Potassium and magnesium contents were higher in all the buckwheat powder than in the wheat flour. Flavonoid contents were higher in order of OLF>WGF=MLF> ILF, but it was not in wheat flour. Although the reliable correlation between mix ratio and components, i.e. mag nesium or ash analyzed were found, it did not seem to reflect sufficiently the expected variations of contents of original material components. Also, compositions of commercial buckwheat products were analyzed to evaluate the mixed ratio of buckwheat flour and wheat flour. The results suggest that the components analyzed in this study as putative marker were not good in determining whether or how much buckwheat products contained wheat flour.
- J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc. v.48 Fatty acid composition of buckwheat seed Dorrell, D. G.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.30 Composition of buckwheat(Fagopyrum esculentum Moench) cultivars from Korea Shim, T. H.;Lee, H. H.;Lee, S. Y.;Choi, Y. S.
- Rept. Natl. Food Res. Inst. v.34 The composition of buckwheat flour of various varieties and cultivated at various periods Shibata, S.;Imal, T.;Chikubu, S.;Miyahara, T.
- New Food Industry v.26 Composition of buckwheat and buckwheat powder Matsuhashi, T.
- Nippon Skokuhin Kogyo Gakkaishi v.36 Determination of urtin in buckwheat foods by high performance liquid chromatography Ohara, T.;Ohinata, H.;Muramatsu, N.;Matsuhashi, N.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Rutin and mineral content on improved kinds of Korea buckwheat at growing stage Kim, Y. S.;Chung, S. H.;Suh, H. J.;Shung, S. T.;Cho, J. S.
- New Food Industry v.29 Distrubution of rutin contents in buckwheat seeds Tsuzuki, T.;Sakurada, H.;Mekuro, H.;Tsuzuki, H.;Sakagammi, T.
- Cereal Chem. v.61 Effect on buckwheat protein quality of seed germination and changes in trypsin inhibitor content Iekeda, K.;Arioka, K.;Fujii, S.;Kusano, T.;Oku, M.
- J. Agr. Food Chem. v.20 Amino acid composition of buckwheat Pomeranz, Y.;Robbins, G. S.
- Fagopyrum v.14 Proximate chemical composition and protein characterization of the buckwheat cultivated in Italy Bonafaccia, G.;Acquistucci, R.;Luthar, Z.
- Cereal Chem. v.63 Molecular comparison of alcohol-soluble wheat and buckwheat proteins Skerritt, J. H.
- J. Jap. Starch Sci. v.24 Characterization of lipid in buckwheat flour starch Mano, Y.
- Cereal Chem. v.65 Lipid content and fatty acid composition of buckwheat seed Nazza, G.
- Standard method of analysis for hygienic chemists Pharm. Soc. Japan
- CRC Critical Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. v.19 Buckwheat. structure, composition, and utilization Pomeranz, Y.
- Foods and Nutr. v.27 On the nutritive components in buckwheat(Part 2) Kusano, T.;Nakno, K.;Ikeda, K.