- Volume 28 Issue 5
Volatile compounds from twigs, needles and sprouts in Pinus densiflora were extracted with n hexane, diethyl ether or ethanol for 24 hours, and the extracted compounds were separated and identified by gas chromatography and mass selective detector. The kinds and amount of volatile compounds extracted from three parts of Pinus densiflora were different in solvent extraction and the extraction by the modified Liken Nickerson apparatus. The contents of volatile compounds of twigs contained more than those of needles and sprouts, and the volatile compounds were extracted more in n hexane than the others. In the extraction with hexane, the main volatile compounds of twigs were 18.5% pinene, 14.5% limonene, 12.7% pinene and 3.2% myrcene. Sprouts were 16.8% limonene, 4.4% pinene, 4.3% pinene and 1.7% myrcene. Needles contained 14.7% pinene, 5.4% pinene, 2.2% limonene and 0.8% myrcene. The highest yield for pine aroma was shown in the extraction from pine twigs with n hexane, and in this extraction the amounts of pinene, pinene and limonene were 742 g, 1108 g and 922 g per gram sample, respectively.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.25 Effects of pine needle extracts on serum and liver lipid contents in rats fed high fat diet Kang, Y. H.;Park, Y. K.;Ha, T. Y.;Moon, K. D.
- J. Korean Sco. Food Nutr. v.25 The cholesterollowering effects of the extract from Pinus strobus in chickens Lee, Y. H.;Choi, Y. S.;Lee, S. Y.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.27 Studies on the physiological functiionality of pine needle and mugwort extracts Kang, Y. H.;Park, Y. K.;Oh, S. R.;Moon, K. D.
- Composition of the volatile needle oils of Pinus species(M.S. thesis) Kim, Y. T.
- Off-flavors in foods and beverages Acid-catalyzed reactions of citrus oils and other terpene-containing flavors Clark, B. C. Jr.;Chamblee, T. S.;Charalambous, G.(ed.)
- Terpenoid analysis of the normal, damaged needle and pinecone in Pinus densiflora(M.S. thesis) Choi, C. I. B.
- Volatile compounds in foods and beverages Maarse, H.
- Mokuzai Gakkaishi v.30 Terpenes emitted from trees Yatagai, M.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.21 A study on the constituents of the pollen of Pinus densiflora Siebol et Zuccarini and Pinus rigida Miller Kim, H. J.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.27 Isolation and identification of volatile compounds extracted from twigs of Pinus densiflora with Likens-Nickerson apparatus Lee, M. J.;Lee, Y. B.;Yang, J. Y.;Kwon, H. S.;Yoon, J.