- Volume 28 Issue 5
Analysis of Sterols and Its Hydrogenation to Stanols in Vegetable Oils for the Development of a Cholesterol Absorption-lowering Neutraceutical
콜레스테롤 흡수저하 기능성소재 개발을 위한 식물성 유지 중이 Sterols 분석 및 Stanol로의 수소첨가반응
- 인만진 (청운대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김동청 (대상(주) 중앙연구소) ;
- 채희정 (대상(주) 중앙연구소) ;
- 김명희 (공주대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 임병순 (공주대학교 식품영양학과) ;
- 김의용 (서울시립대학교 화학공학과)
- Published : 1999.10.01
The contents of sterols and stanols in vegetable oils and mist oil were analyzed by gas chromatography using a capillary column. The total sterol contents showed high values of 0.67~0.89g/100g in corn oil, rice bran oil, red pepper seed oil and sesame oil. Mist oil, a byproduct of soybean oil manufacture, was a suitable raw material for the production of stanol since it showed high sterol content (10.2g/100g). In the hydrogenation of sterol contained in mist oil using Pd catalyst, the effects saponification of oil were examined. The conversion of sterol to stanol was improved by a factor of 4~5 through saponification of oil, compared to the reaction without saponification.
- J. Nutr. Sci. Vitaminol. v.27 Antihypercholesterlemic activity of β-sitostanol in rabbits Ikeda, I.;Kawasaki, A.;Samezima, K.;Sugano, M.
- Am. J. Clin. Nutr. v.37 comparative lymphatic absorption of sitosterol, stigmasterol, and fucosterol, and fucosterol and differential inhibition of cholesterol absorption Vahouny, G. V.;connor, W. E.;Subramaniam, S.;Lin, D. S.;Gallo, L. L.
- Metabolism v.40 Plasma levels of lathosterol and phytosterols in relation to age, sex anthropometric parameters, plasma lipids, and apolipoprotein E phenotype, in 160 Dutch families Kempen, H. J. M.;de Knijff, P.;boomsma, D. I.;ven der Voort, H. A.;Gevers Leuven, J. A.;havekes, L.
- Life Sci. v.57 Minireview dietary phytosterols: A review of metabolism, benefits and side effects Ling, W. H.;Jones, P. J. H.
- New Engl. J. Med. v.333 Reduction of serum cholesterol with sitostanol-ester margarine in a midly hypercholesterolemic population Miettinen, T. A.;Puska, P.;Gylling, H.;Vanhanen, H.;Vartianen, E.
- J. Lipid Res. v.36 Sitostanol ester margarine in dietary treatment of childrun with familial hypercholesterolemia Gylling, H.;Siimes, M. A.;Miettinen, T. A.
- Atherosclerosis v.118 Enhanced effecacy of sitostanol-containing versus sitostanol-free phytosterol mixtures in altering lipoprotein cholesterol levels and synthesis in rats Ling, W. H.;Jones, P. J.
- Atherosclerosis v.105 Dietary sitostanol related to absorption, synthesis and serum level of cholesterol in different apolipoprotein E phenotypes Miettinen, T. A.;Vanhanen, H.
- 食品油脂の科學 新谷 勛
- Lipid Technol. v.8 Plant sterols in the diet Gurr, M.
- J. Chromatogr. v.624 Chromatographic separation of cholesterol in foods Fenton, M.
- J. Chromatogr. v.540 Determination of egg yolk cholesterol content by on-column capillary gas chromatography Fenton, M.;Sim, J. S.
- J. Nutr. Sci. Vitaminol. v.26 Quantitative analysis of cholesterol in foods by gas-liquid chromatography Kaneda, T.;Nakajima, A.;Fujimoto, K.;Kobayashi, T.;Kiriyama, S.;Ebihara, K.;Innami, T.;Tsuji, E.;Kinumaki, T.;Shimma, H.;Yoneyama, S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.24 Studies on analysis of sterols in mayonnaise by GLC with packed and capillary column Kim, H. W.;Jeoung, S. Y.;Jeoung, C. K.;Yoon, H. S.;Park, K. M.;Ahn, P. U.;Choi, C. U.
- Food Chem. v.7 the determination of the cholesterol content in ready-to-serve foods by gas-liquid chromatography van Delden, J. R.;cozijnsen, J. L.;Folster, P.
- Clin. Chim. Acta v.124 Gas-liquid chromatographic determination of fecal neutral sterols using a capillary column Miettinen, T. A.
- 油脂·油糧ハンドブック 阿部 芳郞
- Standards for fats and oils v.5 Processing technology Lawson, H. W.
- Vegetable oils and fats processing v.2 Hydrogenation Bernardini, E.