- Volume 28 Issue 5
This study was carried out to investigate the effects of ethanol extracts on lipid oxidation of oil emulsion. The results are as follows; The scavenging ability of plant extracts for hydroxyl radical was found, and plant extracts played an important role as a strong chelating agents to bind iron if Fe2+ ion exists in oil emulsion. Pinus densiflora(PD), Lithospermum erythrorhizon(LE) and PD＋LE acted as strong chelating agents to bind iron to reduce lipid oxidation in oil emulsion. The content of Fe2+ ion in ethanol extracts from LE and PD＋LE were significantly higher(p<0.05) than that of ethanol extracts from PD. The content of total iron has same tendency. The ascorbic acid content of PD(16.36ppm) was slightly higher than those of LE(13.08ppm). Electron donating ability of PD was significantly higher(p<0.05) than those of LE. However, the superoxide(SOD) like ability of LE showed a little higher than those of LE and PD＋LE, which means the strong antioxidant activity of LE. The nitrite scavenging effects were dependent on pH value, however, they decreased as pH value increased. Especially, they almost didn't show the nitrite scavenging effect in pH 6.0. In conclusion, the PD and LE extracts may be used as natural antioxidant sources to reduce lipid oxidation in oil emulsion.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.42 EPR spintrapping studies of the hydroxyl radical scavenging activity of carnosine and related dipeptides Chan, W. K. M.;Decker, E. A.;Lee, J.B.;Butterfield, D. A.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.40 Differences in the antioxidant mechanism of carnosine in the presence of copper and iron Decker, E. A.;Crum, A. D.;Calvert, J. T.
- Effects of dietary fats on lipid peroxidation, drug metabolizing enzyme activities and eicosanoid productions in 2-acetylaminofluorene-treated rats.(D.C. Thesis) Kwak, C. S.
- Biochem. J. v.219 Oxygen toxicity oxygen radicals, transition metals and disease Halliwell, B.;Gutteridge, J. M. C.
- Modern biological theories of aging Free radicals, DNA damage and aging Saul, R. L.;Gee, P.;Ames, B. N.;Warner, H. R.;Butler, R. N.;Sprott, R. L.;Schneider, E. L.(eds.)
- Phenolic compounds in food and their effects on health(Ⅱ) Natural antioxidants from plant materials Pratt, D. E.;Huang, M. T.;Ho, S. T.;Lee, C. Y.(eds.)
- 食品と開發 v.27 食用植物中の生理的 機能成分 築原和혹
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.27 Studies on the physiological functionality of pine needle and mugwort extracts Kang, Y. H.;Park, Y. K.;Oh, S. Y.;Moon, K. D.
- Method in Enzymol. v.105 Microsomal lipid perxidation Buege, J. A.;Aust, S. D.
- Anal. Biochem. v.40 Spectrophotometric determination of serum iron at the submicrogram level with a nuw reagent(ferrozine) Carter, P.
- Arch. Biochem. and Biophys. v.179 The effects of ascorbic acid deficiency and repletion on pulmonary, renal and hepatic drug metabolism guinea pig Sikic, B. I.;Mimnaugh, E. G.;Litterst, C. L.;Gram, T. E.
- Nature v.4617 Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical Blois, M. S.
- Eur. J. Biochem. v.47 Involvement of superoxide anion radical in the oxidation of pyrogallol and a convenient assay for superoxide dismmutase Marklund, S.;Marklund, G.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.51 Inhibition of nitrosamine formation by nondialyzable melanoidins Kato, H.;Chuyen, N. V.;Kim, S. B.;Hayase, F.
- 동의공업전문대학 논문집 차류 소재의 기능성에 관한 연구1.유자와 칡 추출물의 항산화성 및 아질산염소거작용 박진우;이문주;김동수
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technicol. v.23 Antioxygenic effects of browining reaction product obtained from ascorbic acid solution You, B. J.;Chang, M. H.;Jeong, I. H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technicol. v.22 Antioxidative components of pueraria rott Oh, M. J.;Lee, K. S.;Son, H. Y.;Kim, S. Y.;
- Korean Agric. Chem. Biotech. v.37 Separation of 4-hydroxy-5-methyl-3[2H]-furanone of antioxidants from pine needle Bu, Y. C.;Jeon, C. O.;Or, G. Y.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.36 Catalytic "free" iron ions in muscle foods Kanner, J.;Hazen, B.;Doll, L.
- J. Korean Soc. Nutr. v.10 A study of iron contens of blood-making foodstuffs in relation to dietary therapy in Tong-Eui-Bo-Gam Lee, E. K.;Tchai, B. S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.28 Changes of constituent components in chestnut during storage Nha, Y. A.;Yang, C. B.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.27 Rapid determination of ascorbic acid in red pepper leaves by near-infrared reflectance spectroscopic analysis Kim, K. O.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.24 The nutritional components of aerial whole plant and juice of Angelica keiskei Koidz Kim, O. K.;Kung, S. S.;Park, W. B.;Lee, M. W.;Ham, S. S.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.25 The nitrite-scavenging effects by the component of traditional tea materials Do, J. Y.;Kim, S. B.;Park, Y. H.;Park, Y. B.;Kim, D. S.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.27 Effect of hot water extracts of Salvia miltiorrhiza bge., Prunus persica stokes, Angelica gigas nakai and Pinus strobus on lipid oxidation Kim, S. M.;Cho, Y. S.;Kim, E. J.;Bae, M. J.;Han, J. P.;Lee, S. H.;Sung, S.