- Volume 28 Issue 5
The aim of the present study was to investigate effects of food preservative addition and changes in composition of herb extract product on the growth of spoilage yeast, Zygosaccharomyces sp. Herbs such as Panax ginseng, Cinnamomum cassia, Lycium chinense, Zyzyphus juiuba and Jingiber officinale were altogether put into water and essence was extracted at 80oC, and then the extract was concentrated at 75oC. The herb extract product was made by adding vitamins, amino acids and honey to the concentrated herb extract. The amount of gas produced from the herb extract product was increased as inoculated cell number increased but decreased as Brix concentration increased. Gases were produced in small amount when incubation was made at 4oC but large amounts of gases were produced at 25 or 40oC of incubation. The gas production and growth of Zygosaccharomyces sp. were measured after browning reaction was induced by heating at 85oC for 12 hours. It appeared that heating treatment did not induce any significant change in the gas production and growth of the cell. The effects of addition of various sugar to the herb extract produce were also invesigated. Amounts of gas production were in the order of glucose>sucrose>oligosaccharide>stevioside. The viable cell count was measured as 6.0
- Korean J. Ginseng Sci. v.5 Studies on the effect of Korean ginseng components on alcoholic fermentation by yeast Park, S. H.;Yu, T. J.;Lee, S. K.
- Korean J. Ginseng Sci. v.3 Studies on the growth of Lactobacillus acidophillus and streptococcus themophilus in milk added with ginseng extracts Yang, J. W.;Yu, T. J.
- Korean J. Ginseng Sci. v.5 A study on the effect of ginseng saponin fraction on cell wall Cho, Y. D.;Kim, T. U.;Choi, H. G.
- Korean J. Physiol. v.3 Physiological study of sell on ginseng effect Jung, N. P.
- Korean Biochem. J. v.11 Biochemical studies on ginseng saponins(XII). The effect of ginseng saponin on bacterial growth Joo, C. N.;Cho, Y. D.;Kwon, H. Y.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. v.14 Studies on the morphological and physiological characteristics on the morphological and physiological characteristics of isolated strains from rotting ginseng Jung, D. K.;Park, K. D.;Ha, S. S.;Joo, H. K.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. v.13 Isolation and identification of spoilage microorganism from ginseng extract Yang, J. W.;Kim, Y. B.;Yu, T. J.
- Korean J. Ginseng Sci. v.18 Characterization of the spoilage yeast isolated from ginseng product Kwak, Y. S.;Shin, K. S.;Kim, N. M.;Park, C. K.;Jeon, B. S.;Bae, K. S.;Yang, J. W.
- Methods in microbiology v.4 Beach, F. W.;Davenport, R. R.
- J. Food Hyg. Safety v.13 Effects of water activity on microbial growth in gerb extract Kwak, Y. S.;Shin, H. J.;Choo, J. J.
- Water activity and food Troller, J. A.;Christian, J. H. B.
- Bactriol. Rev. v.40 Microbial water stress Brown, A. D.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.32 Studies on antioxidant activity of nonenzymatic browning reaction products Kirigaya, N.;Kato, H.;Fujimaki, M.
- Proceeding of the 3th Intl. Sym. on the maillard reaction Desmutagenic effect of melanoidins against amino acid and protein pyrolyzates "Amino-carbonyl reaction in food and biological system" Kim, S. B.;Hayase, F.;Kato, H.
- Cereal Chem. v.34 Relation of browning reaction to storage stability of sugar cookies Griffith, t.;Johnson, J. A.;Northan, J. I.
- Food hygiene Chang, J. H.;Mun, B. S.;Kim, K. C.
- Korean J. Ginseng Sci. v.17 Identification and thermal resistance of Penicillum sp. isolated from Korean ginseng Kwak, Y. S.;Park, C. K.;Kim, N. M.;Jeon, B. S.;Yang, J. W.;Lee, K. S.