- Volume 28 Issue 5
For the isolation of probiotics which may be used for the human beings and animals, we have screened the microorganisms from chicken intestines which have acid and bile tolerance and the growth inhibition of pathogenic E. coli and Salmonella typhimurium. Among them, a strain which was identified as Lactobacillus salivarius had around 66% of survival after 2h incubation in the artificial gastric juice and 9% of survival after 24h incubation in the presence of 0.3% bile salts, and showed complete inhibition against both path ogenic E. coli and Salmonella typhimurium after 24 h coincubation. Its storage stability after lyophilization could be improved by adding polyvinylpyrrolidone.
- Korean J. Appl. Microbial. Biotechnol. v.24 Effect of various lactic acid bacteria on the serum cholesterol levels in rats and resistance to acid, bile and antibiotics Park, S. Y.;Ko, Y. T.;Jeong, H. K.;Yong, J. O.;Chung, H. S.;Kim, Y. B.;Ji, G. E.
- Probiotics Selection of atrains for probiotic use Havernaar, R.;Brink, B. T.;Veld, J. H.;Fuller, R(ed.)
- Korean J. Anim. Sci. v.38 Effect of feeding viable yeast and Lactobacillus on milk yield and milk fat content Park, H. S.;Yoo, Y. H.;Jeon, B. S.;Cha, J. O.
- J. Dairy Sci. v.70 Survival of lactic acid bacteria in the human stomach and adhesion to intestinal cells Conway. P. L.;Gorbach, S. L.;Goldin, B. R.
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.56 Acid tolerance of Leuconostoc mesenteroides and Lactobacillus plantarum McDonald, L. C.;Flemming, H. P.;Hassan, H. M.
- Am. J. Vet. Res. v.43 Effect of streptococcus faecium C-68 in control of Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea in gnotobiotic pigs Underdahl, N. R.;Torres-Medina, A.;Doster, A. R.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.27 Selection microorganisms for probiotics and their characterization Park, H. S.;Lee, S. H.;Uhm, T. B.
- Jpn. J. Microbiol. v.29 Studies on biological characteristics of Lactobacillus: Ⅱ. Tolerance of the multiple antibiotic resistance-strain, L. casei PSR3002, to artificial digestive fluids Kobayashi, Y.;Tohyama, K.;Terashima, T.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.23 Influence of culture conditions on acid tolerance of Lactobacillus casei YIT 9018 Sim, J. H.;Kim, S. K.;Baek, Y. J.;Oh, T. K.;Yang, H. C.
- Lett. Appl. Microbiol. v.22 Salvacin 140, a novel bactericin from Lactobacillus salivarius subsp. salicinius T140 active against pathogenic bacteria Arihara, K.;Ohigara, S.;Mukai, T.;Itoh, M.;Kondo, Y.
- Am. J. Gastroenterol v.93 Lactic acid-mediated suppression of Helicobacterpylori by the oral administration of Lactobacillus salivarius as a probiotic in a gnotobiotic murine model Aiba, Y.;Suzuki, N.;Kabir, A. M.;Takagi, A.;Koga, Y.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.24 Characteristics of Enterococcus sp. isolated from animal intestine and its powder Park, C. J.;Pyeon, J. S.;Cho, Y. K.;Hong, S. S.;Lee, H. S.
- Methods for general and molecular bacterology Determinative and cytosolical light microscopy Murray, R. G. E.;Doetsch, R. N.;Robinow, C. F.;Gerhardt, P.(ed.)
- J. Dairy Sci. v.67 Importance of bile tolerance of Lactobacillus used as a dietary adjunct Gilliland, S. E.;Staley, T. E.;Bush, L. J.
- Probiotic strains from Lactobacillus salivarius and antimicrobial agent obtained therefrom Collins, J. K.;Hill, S.;O'Sullivan, G. C.