- Volume 28 Issue 5
Protease related mold was isolated and selected as a starter culture for commercial production of meju. Isolated microorganism was identified as Syncephalastrum racemosum PDA 132 2. To obtain basic data about protease for production of soybean peptides and application of the strain in meju fermentation, we extrated and purified protease and charateristics of the enzyme were investigated. The optimum condition for the production of enzyme was pH 4.0, 30oC, 5 days. The protease was purified 19.7 folds by gel filtration and ion exchange chromatography and specific activity was 12.4unit/mg. The purified enzyme was 34kDa in size, thiol protease(100% inhibited by PCMB), and was acidic protease(stable between pH 2.0~5.0). Vmax of the enzyme was 2.14 g/min which was lower(1/50) than that of by Asp. wentti and B. subtilis.
- Korean Soybean Digest v.15 Health functional peptides from soybean foods Lee, H. J.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.25 Effect of surface hydrophobicity of soybean peptides on the concentration of serum cholesterol and fecal steroid extraction in rats Han, E. S.;Lee, H. J.;Shon, D. W.
- Food Sci. Industry v.30 Functional food peptides and their applications Shon, D. H.
- INFORM v.5 Trends in Japanese soy protein research Motoki, K.;Sequso, K.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.40 Intracellular protease of Bacillus subtilis Hiroshi, S.;Kadota, H.
- Research report of MOST Study on the commercial scale production of meju for Korean fermented soybean products Yoo, J. Y.
- Method of enzyme vol.Ⅱ. v.2 Hagihara, B.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.193 Protein measurement with the folin phenol reagent Lowry, O. H.;Rosebrough, N. J.;Farr, A. L.;Randall, R. J.
- Nature v.227 Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Laemmli, U. K.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.25 Characteristics and action pattern of protease from Bacillus subtilis CCKS-111 in Korean traditional soy sauce Choi, C.;Choi, K. G.;Cho, Y. J.;Lim, S. I.;Son, J. H.;Lee, H. D.;Kim, Y. H.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.18 Characteristics and action pattern of protease from Asp. ergillus fumigatus Cha, W. S.;Choi, C.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. v.8 Studies on the production of protease by Aspergillus oryzae KC-15 and characteristics of the enzyme Lee, M. J.;Chung, M. J.
- Arch. Biochem. Biophys v.334 Identification of a fungal protein of Syncephalastrum racemosum as aspartic protease Ho, H. C.;Chen, L. Y.;Liao, T. H.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.18 The production of alkaline protease by Aspergillus fumigatus and purification of enzyme Cha, W. S.;Cho, Y. J.;Choi, C.
- Acta Chemica Scandinivica v.17 The proteolytic enzymes of Aspergillus miger. Ⅱ. Properties of the proteolytic enzymes Bergkvist, R.
- J. Agric. Chem. Soc. Japan v.36 Studies on the consitytion of "rice-koji" protease Nunokawa, Y.;Namba, Y.;Kinuyama, Y.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.31 Studies on mold protease. Purification, crystallization and some enzymatic properties of acid protease of Rhizopus chinesis Fukumoto, J.;Tsuru, D.;Yamamoto, T.
- J. Ferment. Technol. v.63 Purification and some properties of serine protease from a mutant of Aspergillus niger Kazuo, S.;Kyo, S.;Kinichi, M.