- Volume 28 Issue 5
Effects of Gamma Irradiation on Taste Compounds in Processing of Low Salted and Fermented Squid
감마선 이용 저염 오징어젓갈 제조시 정미성분의 변화
- 변명우 (한국원자력연구소 방사선식품·생명공학연구팀) ;
- 이경행 (한국원자력연구소 방사선식품·생명공학연구팀) ;
- 김재훈 (한국원자력연구소 방사선식품·생명공학연구팀) ;
- 이주운 (한국원자력연구소 방사선식품·생명공학연구팀) ;
- 이은미 (한국원자력연구소 방사선식품·생명공학연구팀) ;
- 김영지 (영남이공대학 식품영양과)
- Published : 1999.10.01
The effects of gamma irradiation on taste compounds of low salted and fermented squid were investig ated. Salted and fermented squid products were prepared with salt concentrations of 5%, 10%, and 20% and was fermented at 15oC and 25oC after gamma irradiation with a dosage of 2.5~10 kGy. Amino nitrogen (AN), volatile basic nitrogen(VBN), trimethylamine(TMA), and hypoxanthine(Hx) contents were examined during the fermentation periods. Results showed that gamma irradiation had no effect on the initial con tents of AN, VBN, TMA, and Hx compared with non irradiated salted and fermented squid. During the fermentation periods, these contents rapidly increased in accordance with the decrease in NaCl concen tration and irradiation dose, and the increase in fermentation temperature. Specifically, the taste compounds of salted and fermented squid prepared with a NaCl concentration of 10% and an irradiation dose of 10 kGy maintained the appropriate level for the fermentation period at 15oC.
- Bulletin of Food Technology v.9 Processing technique and quality control of fermented seafood (in Korean) Kim, Y.M
- Monthly report of Hokaiddo fisheries experimented station v.29 Studies on the fermented fishery products-Ⅰ.Effect of alcohol on the flavor,taste,and shelf-life of "ika-shiokara(in Japanese) Uno, T.;Hiroshi, T.;Kim, K.K
- Monthly report of Hokkaido fisheries experimented station v.30 Studies on the fermental fishery product-Ⅱ.Effect of carbohydrates and monoglycerides on the shlf-life of "ika-shiokara( in Japanese) Uno, T
- Monthly report of Hokkaido fisheries experimented station v.31 Studies on the fermental fishery product-Ⅲ.Effect of maltitol on the shlf-life of "ika-shiokara( in Japanese) Uno, T
- Monthly report of Hokkaido fisheries experimented station v.30 Studies on the fermental fishery product-Ⅴ.Effect of latic acid on the quality of "ika-skiokara( in Japanese) Uno, T.
- Monthly report of Hokkaido fisheries experimented station v.33 Studies on the fermental fishery product-Ⅶ.Effect of glycerin and xylose on the shelf-life of "ika-skiokara( in Japanese) Uno, T.
- J. Korean Soc.Food Nutr. v.24 Processing condition of low-salt fermented sqid and its flavor components 2.Effects of temperature,salinity and pH on the growth of bacteria from isolated low salt fermented squid(in Korean) Kim Y.M.;Lee, W.J.;Jeong, Y.M.;Hur, S.H.;CHIO, S.H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol v.30 Conditions of water activity of raw material and adding level of papin and glucose for processing fermented squid with low salt concentrations(in Korean) Jo, J.H.;Oh, S.W.;Kim,Y.M.;Chung, D.H
- Food Technol. v.48 Wholesomeness of irradiated foods. Thayer, D.W
- Food Sci.Industry v.31 Status on food irradiation on Korea. Byun, M.W
- Technical Report Series v.659 Wholesomeness of irradiated food.Report of joint FAo/IAEA/WHO Expert Committee WHO
- Korean J. Food Sci.Technol v.31 Effects of gamma irradiation of microbiological and sensory qualities in processing of low salted and fermented squid (in Korea) Kim, J.H.;Lee, K.H.;Ahn, H.J.;Cha, B.S.;Byun, M.W
- Korea official method of analysis KOAC
- Food sanitation indices.Ⅰ.Volatile basic nitrogens(in Japanese) Japanese Ministry of Hygiene
- J. Fd. Technol v.7 Am investigation of the method of determining trimethylamine if fish muscle extracts by the formation of its picrate salt-Part Ⅰ Merray, C.K.;Gibson, D.M.;
- Kor.J. Food. Sci.Technol v.30 Determination of chemical freshness indices for chilled and frozen fish(in Korean) Kim, D.K.;Park, I.S.;Kim, N.S.
- Bull. Jap.Soc.Sci. Fish v.1 The relation between the chemical changes and salt contents in the ripening of "Ika-siokara(in Japanese) Shimada, K.;Baba, R
- Bull.Jap.Soc.Sci. Fish v.20 Studies on the influence of salt on microbial metabolism-Ⅲ.On the relation of salt concentration to the putrefaction of fish muscle and to ripening of "Ika-siokara"(in Japanese) Nagasaki, S.;Yamamoto, T.
- Bull.Korean Fish. Soc v.26 A Study on shelf life of seasoned and fermented squid(in Korean) Kim, D.S.;Kim, Y.M.;Koo, J.G.;Lee, Y.C.;Do, J.R
- Korean J.Food Sci.Technol. v.31 Quality evaluation of commercial salted and fermented seafoods(in Korean) Lee, K.H.;Kim J.H.;Yook, H.S.;Cha, B.S.;Byun, M.W.
- Letrensm-Wiss.u-Technol v.22 Recommented objective methods for surimi quality evaulation based on hypoxanthine and free fatty acids formation Ke, P.J.;Burns, B.G.