- Volume 28 Issue 5
A nutrition survey regarding daily kimchi consumption and its hypolipidemic effect were carried out with 102 of healthy Korean adult men aged between 40 to 64 years old who visited hospital for physical examination. The physical and biochemical parameters of blood were examined as well as food record, preferences for taste, personal life habit, and family history of disease. Data were expressed as quartile according to kimchi consumption. The average daily kimchi consumption for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th per centile group were 68, 118, 208, and 383g, respectively. The intakes of dietary fiber and Ca were found to be increased as kimchi intake increased(p<0.05). The kimchi consumption level was selected as the determining factor for HDL C level analyzed by stepwise multiple regression(p=0.09). When correlation coefficient between kimchi consumption and other parameters were analyzed, kimchi consumption was positively correlated with HDL C and negatively correlated with LDL C(p<0.05). The preference for hot taste was negatively correlated with systolic blood presure. It seems that kimchi consumption is beneficial to elevate HDL C and lower LDL C level.
- Annual statistical report on the causes of death in 1996 The Bureau of Statistic
- JAMA v.256 Incidence of coronary heart disease and lipoprotein cholesterol levels. The Framingham study. Castelli, W. P.;Garrison, R. J;Wilson, P W.;Abbott, R. D.;Kalousdian, S.;Kanncl, W. B.
- Annual statistical report on the cause of death in 1995 WHO
- 김치의 영양과 효능.한국 김치의 세계화를 위한 과제의 방향, pp.5-20(1994) 전희정
- 한국인의 식생활과 질병(연구 방법론 및 자료집) 백희영;문현경;최영선;안윤옥;이홍규;이승욱
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.26 Effect of kimchi on tissue and fecal lipid compositon and apolipoprotein and thyroxine levels in rats Kwon, M. J.;Song, Y.O.;Song, Y.S.
- Anti-atherosclerotic effects of Baechu kimchi Kwon, M. J.
- Korean J. Nutr. v.28 Development and validation of food frequency questionnaire for dietary assessment of Korean adults in rural area. Paik, H. Y.;Ryu, J. Y.;Choi, J. S.;Ahn, Y J.;Moon, H. K.;Park, Y. S.;Lee, H. K.;Kim, Y. I.
- Development and validation of food frequency questionnaire for dietary assessment of Korean adults in rural area Ryu, J. Y.
- Anal. Biochem. v.149 Amperometric assays of total and free cholesterol in serum by the combined use o) immobilized cholesterol esterases and cholesterol oxidant reactors and peroxidase electrode in a flow injection system Yao, T.;Sato, M.;Kobayashi, Y.;Wasa, T.
- Arch. Intern. Med. v.148 Report of the national cholesterol education program expert panel on detection, evaluation and treatment of high cholesterol in adults. The Expert Panel
- The study for serum lipid level in Korean healthy elderly men-for about serum triglyceride- Shin, H. A.
- The Korean J. Lipid. v.2 The study between serum lipid, body mass index, blood pressure, and food habits, and life style on Korean healthy elderly men-for about serum triglyceride Lee, Y. J.;Shin, H. A.;Lee, G. Y.;Park, Y. H.;Lee, Y. H.
- J. Clin Epidemiol. v.44 Regional obesity and risk of cardiovascular disease : The Framingham study Kannel, W. B.;Cupples, L. A.;Ramaswami, R.;Stokes, III J.;Kroger, B. E.;Higgins, M.
- Recommended dietary allowancesfor Korean. 6th revision The Korean Nutrition Society
- National nutrition survey report in 1994 Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.25 Assessment of dietary fiber intake in Korean college students. Hwang, S. H.;Kim, J. I.;Sung, C. J.
- Korean J. Nutr. v.30 Nutrients and individual fatty acids intake patterns in the coronary artery disease patients with different degrees of stenosis. Kim, S. Y.;Lee, Y. C.;Cho,S. Y .
- Korean J. Nutr. v.28 Serum lipid and lipoperoxide levels and their related factors in middle-aged men in Teagu. Choi, Y.S.;Lee, O. J.;Cho, S. H.;Park, W. H.;Im, J. G.;Kwon, S. J.
- Sci. Ind. Kimchi v.2 Physiological and immunological characteristic of lactic acid bacteria of kimchi Chung, H. K.
- Korean J. Nutr. v.31 Influence of cardiovascular risk factors on serum lipid levels and fatty acids compositon in middle-aged men Lee, I. Y.;Lee, L. H.
- Guidelines of treatments for Korean hyperlipidemic patients Commitee of Establishing Guidelines of Treatment for Korean Hyperlipidemic Patients
- J, Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.25 Effects of hot taste preference on food intake pattern, serum lipid and antioxidative vitamin levels in Korean college students. Yu, R.;Kim, J. M.;Han, I. S.;Kim, B. S.;Lee, S. H.;Kim, M. H.;Cho, S. H.
- Eugen Ulmer Verlag, Stuttgart, Ernaerung des Menschen. Elamdfa, I.;Leitzmann, C.
- 김치의 과학 김치의 영양생리학적인 평가 오영주;황인주;Leitzmann, C.
- J. Nutr. Sci. Vitaminol. v.34 Effect of capsacin and isothiocyanate on theromogenesis of interscapsular brown adipose tissue in rats. Yoshida, T.;Yoshioka, K.;Wakabayashi, Y.;Nishioka, H.;Konda, M.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. v.26 The effect of kimchi intake on lipid contents of body and mitogen response of spleen lymphocytes in rats Kim, J. Y.;Lee, Y.S.