- Volume 28 Issue 3
Effects of storage temperature at 18oC and 5oC for 9 days and heating conditions on textural char acteristics in strong wheat flour gels were investigated using a Instron after microwave (2450MHz, 700W). Heating condition did not affect the texture property in the wheat flour gels, but the frozen storage was very effective to prevent the hardening of the samples. Hardness, adhesiveness, and gumminess in the wheat flour gels decreased in increasing moisture content from 45% to 55%, but there was little change in cohesiveness. The storage at room temperature for 2 hours resulted in increased hardness in the heated wheat flour gels. PE wrap package of the wheat flour gels prevented weight loss by 3~6% and hardening effectively. Sugar, or sugar and shotening resulted in increased hardness in loaf bread. The hardness and weight loss in loaf breads were markedly changed by the heating time with microwave. The most critical time point was around 4 minutes following the heating.
- Handbook of microwave foods Higo, A.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.25 Effect of microwave reheating on the quality of cooked rice Kum, J. S.;Han, O.;Kim, Y. H.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.28 Effect of microwave reheating on qulity of aceptic-packaged cooked rice Kum, J. S.;Lee, C. H.;Lee, S. H.;Lee, H. Y.
- Handbook of microwave food and package 橫山理雄;門屋卓
- J. Home Economics Japan v.34 Hardening of food texture induced by microwave irradiation(Part 8) effect of starch-gel formation on bread-hardening Higo, A.;Noguchi, S.;Nakazawa, F.;Shimazaki, M.
- J. Home Economics Japan v.34 Hardening of food texture indeced by mictrwave breads accompanied with hardening Higo, A.;Shimazaki, M.;Noguchi, S.;Nakazawa, F.
- Rheology of foods v.11 Higo, A.;中野善正;松本幸雄(編)
- J. Home Economics Japan v.35 Changes in bound water contents of various carbohydrates by microwave Irradiation Higo, A.;Shimazaki, M.;Nakazawa, F.;Noguchi, S.
- J. Home Economics Japan v.36 Comparative studies on the properties of liquid egg treated with microwave and conductive heating(Part 4) on the water content inducing swelling and gum-forming Higo, A.;Shimazaki, M.;Noguchi, S.
- Baking technoloy Kim, J.;Lee, E. G.
- Fundamentals of dough rheology Faridi, H.;Faubion, J. M.
- Cereal Chem. v.41 The elastic modulus of bread crumb in linear compression in relation to staling Conford, S. J.;Axford, D. W. E.;Elton, G. A. H.
- Physical properties of foods Peleg, M.;Bagley, E. B.
- Methods of analysis (13th ed) AOAC
- SPSS/PC+ Nurusis, M. J.
- Experimental statistical analysis Cho, J. H.;Chang, K. Y.