- Volume 7 Issue 8
This paper presents a simple but effective DYC algorithm which enhances vehicle lateral stability by using an anti=lock brake system (ABS). In the proposed algorithm, only the front outer wheel is controlled during cornering maneuver instead of controlling all four wheels because the wheel has the largest role in DYC and it is easy and simple to control the only one wheel. An ABS Hardware - In -The -Loop Simulation ( HILS) system that may be used to realistically test real vehicle dynamic behavior in a lab is used for evaluating the proposed DYC algorithm in severe situations where a vehicle is destabilized without DYC . The HILS results show that the proposed DYC algorithm has the potential of maintaining vehicle stability in some dangerous situations.
- Vehicle System Dynamics v.25 A Direct Yaw Moment Control for Improving Limit Performance of Vehicle Handling -Comparison and Cooperation with 4WS M. Abe(et al.)
- AVEC'96 Integrated Control Law of Active Rear Wheel Steering and Direct Yaw Moment Control M. Nagai;S. Yamanaka
- SAE 920645 Improvement of Vehicle Dynamics Through Braking Force Distribution Control Shinji Matsumoto(et al.)
- SAE 950759 The Vehicle Dynamics Control System of Bosch A. T. van Zanten(et al.)
- AVEC'96 DSC(Dynamic Stability Control) in BMW 7 Series Cars Alfred Straub
- SAE 971059 Simulation in the Development of ASMS B. Lammen(et al.)
- SAE 960485 Improvement of Vehicle Directional Stability for Transient Steering Maneuvers Using Active Brake Control Yoshiyuki Yasui;Kenji Tozu;Noriaki Hattori;Masakazu Sugisawa
- SAE 960487 Vehicle Stability Control in Limit Cornering by Active Brake Ken Koibuchi;Masaki Yamamoto;Yoshiki Fukada;Shoji Inagaki
- SAE paper 930207 Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation as a Standard Approach for Development, Customization, and Production Test Hanselmann, H.
- Proc. of KSAE paper #97380373 no.fall Development of a HILS System for Vehicle Active Brake Control Lee, J.;Ryu, J.
- dSPACE manuals Digital Signal Processing and Control Engineering
- SAE700377 An Analysis of Tire Traction Properties and Their Influence on Vehicle Dynamic Performance Howard Dugoff;P.S. Fancher;Leonard Segel