- Volume 10 Issue 7
In this paper, a microstrip aperture-patch antenna and a microstrip ring antenna, which have single microstrip line feeding systems for the circular polarization, are designed, and experimental results are presented at X-band. The microstrip aperture-patch antenna is characterized by its wide operating frequency range, and the microstrip ring antenna is suitable for a basic radiator in the large array antenna due to its small size. Several design parameters for these antennas are considered and analyzed to improve antenna characteristics such as VSWR bandwidth and axial ratio. Initially, the sizes of the aperture and ring radiator are determined on a basis of the cavity model, then shapes of the patch within the aperture and the inner stub of the ring are optimized using Ensemble software. Measurement results show that the aperture-patch antenna has 25% of VSWR bandwidth and 1.2dB of axial ratio at the boresight, and the ring antenna has 6.7% of VSWR bandwidth and 1.6dB of axial ratio at the boresight.
- IEEE Transactrions on Antennas and Propagation v.42 no.8 Analysis of a Dual Circularly Polarized Microstrip Antenna Fed by Crossed Slots Eli Aloni;Raphael Kastner
- Broadband Patch Antennas Jean-Francois Zrcher;Fred E. Gardiol
- Handbook of Microstrip Antennas J. R. James;P. S. Hall
- IEEE Transactrions on Antennas and Propagation v.AP-34 no.10 Analysis of Arbitrarily Shaped Microstrip Patch Antennas Using Segmentation Technique and Cavity Model V. Palanisamy;Ramesh Garg
- IEEE Antenna Propagat. Soc. Int. Symp. Dig. Single Feed Circularly Polarized Microstrip Ring Antenna and Arrays Raul R. Ramirez;Nicolaos G. Alexopoulos
- Antenna theory Balanis
- MOTL v.7 no.9 Dual Polarized, Single and Double-Layer Strip-Slot-Foam Inverted Patch(SSFIP) Antennas J-F Zurcher;Ph. Gary-Balmaz
- Advanced Engineering Electromagnetics Balanis
- Electron. Lett. v.11 Planar Waveguide Model for Calculating Microstrip Components Kompa, G.;R. Mehran
- IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques v.20 The Planar circuits-An approach to microwave integrated circuitry Okoshi, T.;Miyoshi, T.
- IEEE Transactrions on Antennas and Propagation v.41 no.2 Design of Wide Circularly Polarized Aperture-Coupled Microstrip Antennas Stephen D. Targonski;David M. Pozar
- Microstrip Antennas I. J. Bahl;P. Bhartia
- Advance in microstrip and printed antennas Hai Fong Lee;Wei Chen
- IEEE Antenna Propagat., Soc. Int. Symp. Dig. Microstripline-fed Circularly Aperture Antenna The Nan Chang;Chung-Pei Wu