- Volume 11 Issue 4
In evaluating the ultimate strength of a section for a reinforced concrete flexural member, the effect of member length is not usually considered, even though the strength tends to decrease with increase of member length. In this paper the influence of specimen length on flexural compressive strength of concrete was evaluated. For this purpose, a series of C-shaped specimens subjected to axial compression and bending moment were tested using four different length-to-depth ratios (from 1,2,3 and 4) of specimens with compressive strength of 590 kgf/
size effect;specimen length;C-shaped specimen;flexural compressive strength;model equation
- Cement and Concrete Research v.19 pp.973-977 Identification of Strain-Softening Contitutive Relation from Uniaxial Tests by Series Coupling Model for Localization Bazant, Z.P.
- Fracture Mechanics of Concrete Strucutres pp.435-443 A Compressive Softening Model for Concrete Markeset, G.;Wittmann F.H.(edited)
- J. of Engineering Mechanics v.123 no.1 pp.25-35 Effect of Length on Compressive Strain Softning of Concrete Jansen, D.C.;Shah, S.P.
- Second Progress Report, Dept. of Structural Engineering Cornell University pp.62 Structural Properties of Very High Strength Concrete Nilson, A.H.;Slate, F.O.
- Journal of ACI v.52 pp.455-479 Concrete Stress Distribution in Ultimate Strength Design Hongested, E.;Hanson, N.W.;McHenry, D.
- PCA Research and Development Bulltein RD051.01D pp.1-10 Stress-Strain Characteristics of High-Strength Concrete Kaar, P.H.;Hanson, N.W.;Capell, H.T.
- Metal. Journal of Engineering Mechanics v.110 no.4 pp.518-535 Size Effect in Blunt Fracture: Concrete, Rock Bazant, Z.P.
- ACI Structural Journal v.96 no.1 pp.88-94 Size Effect on Compressive Strength of Plain and Spirally Reinforced Concrete Cylinders Kim, J.K.;Yi, S.T.;Park, C.K.;Eo, S.H.
- Fracture Mechanics: Application to Concrete, SP-118 pp.179-196 Size Effect in Concrete Structures without Initial Crack Kim, J.K.;Eo, S.H.;Park, H.K.
- ACI Structural Journal Size Effect on Flexural Compressive Strength of Concrete Specimens Kim, J.K.;Yi, S.T.;Yang, E.I.
- ACI Materials Journal v.88 no.3 pp.325-332 Size Effect in Brazilian Split-Cylinder Tests: Measurements and Fracture Analysis Bazant, Z.P.;Kazemi, M.T.;Hasegawa, T.;Mazars, J.
- Cement and Concrete Research v.25 no.4 pp.702-708 Softening of Concrete in Compression Localization and Size Effects Markeset, G.;Hillerborg, A.
- 한국콘크리트학회 v.11 no.2 pp.157-165 콘크리트의 휨압축강도의 크기효과 김진근;이성태;양은익
- Proc. Int. Workshop, Size Effect in Concrete Stucture, held in Sendai, Japan pp.161-180 Size Effect in Tensile and Compressive Quasibrittle Failure Bazant, Z.P.;Mihashi H.(ed.);Okamura, H.(ed.);Bazant, Z.P.(ed.)
- Magazine of Concrete Research v.42 no.153 pp.233-238 Size Effect in Concrete Speiciment with Dissimilar Initial Cracks Kim, J.K.;Eo, S.H.Size
- 콘크리트학회지 v.9 no.1 pp.105-113 비표준형 실린더 공시체에 대한 압축강도의 크기효과 김진근;어석홍;이성태
- High-Strength Concrete, SP-87 pp.147-178 Structural Bending Properties of Higher Strength Concrete Swartz, S.E.;Nikaeen, A.;Narayan Babu, H.D.;Periyakaruppan, N.;Refai, T.M.E.
- Proc. Int. Conf. Fracture and Damage Mechanics of Concrete and Rock pp.233-240 Fracture Mechanics Concepts Applied to Moment Capacity and Rotational Capacity of Reinforced Beams Hillerborg, A.