- Volume 11 Issue 4
This paper presents tension stiffening effect of Reinforced concrete members obtained from experimental results on direct tension and bending. From the direct tension test program, crack patterns were investigated with tension softening behaviors of concrete. Tension stiffening effects and losses of strain energy were, also, analyzed from the load-deflection curve with the main experimental variables such as concrete strength, yielding stress and reinforcement ratio of rebar. Tension stiffening effect of RC members increase linearly until the first crack initiate, decrease inversely with number of cracks, and then decrease rapidly when splitting cracks are happened. The tension stiffening effect is shown to be more important at the member of lower reinforcement than that of higher. Therefore, it necessitates to consider the tension stiffening effects at a nonlinear analysis. From the above analysis, a tension stiffening model of concrete is proposed and verified by applying it to bending members. From the numerical analysis by finite element approach, it is shown that the proposed model evaluates a little higher in analyzing at nonlinear region of high strength concrete, but, perform satisfactorily in general.
- Finite Element Computer Program, Versiong 5.7 ABAQUS
- Ph. D. Thesis, Missouri-Columbia University Tension Stiffening in Reinforced Concrete Membranes Ahn, T. S.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.118 Cracking Responsse of RC Members Subjected to Uniaxial Tension Rosso, G.;Romano, F.
- 대한토목학회 논문집 v.18 no.4 철근콘크리트 인장부쟈의 파괴거동과 인장강성 이봉학;홍창우;장동일
- ACI Structural Journal Influence of Splitting Cracks on Tension Stiffening Abroishami, H. H.;Mitchell, D.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.116 Tension Stiffening Model for Reinforced Concrete Bars Gupta, A.K.;Maestrini, S.R.
- ACI Structural Journal v.91 no.4 Constitutive Laws of Concrete in Tension and Reinforcing Bars Stiffened by Concrete Belarbi, A.;Hsu, T. T. C.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.116 no.11 Tension Stiffening Model for Planar Reinforced Concrete Members Massicotte, B.;Elwi, A. E.;MacGregor, J. G.
- ACI Manual of Concrete Practice, Use of Concrete in Buildings-Design, Specifications, and Related Topics Cracking of Concrete Members in Direct Tension ACI Committee 224
- 한국콘크리트학회 학술발표회 v.10 no.1 철근콘크리트 인장부재의 인장강성 및 파괴거동에 관한 연구 홍창우;이봉학;윤경구;박제선
- J. of Struc. Eng. v.117 no.3 Tension Stiffness Model for Cracked Reinforced Concrete Wu, Z.;Yoshikawa, H.;Tanabe, T.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.118 no.8 Crack Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Tension Members Chan, H. C.;Cheung, Y. K.;Huang, Y. P.