- Volume 43 Issue 4
Determination of Cr(Ⅵ) by Glassy Carbon and Platinum Electrodes Modified With Polypyrrole Film
폴리피롤 막으로 변성시킨 유리질 탄소 및 백금 전극에서 Cr(Ⅵ) 이온의 정량
- Yoo, Kwang Sik (Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Science, Ulsan University) ;
- Woo, Sang Beom (Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Science, Ulsan University) ;
- Jyoung, Jy Young (Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Science, Ulsan University)
- Published : 19990800
Studies have been carried out on the fabrication of PPy/GC and PPy/Pt electrode modified with polypyrrole film and determination of Cr(VI) by using 3-electrode system with modified electrodes. Modified electrodes were able to easily fabricated by cyclic voltammetry scanned from +1.0V to -1.0V(vs. Ag/AgCl) at 50 mV/sec. Film thickness could be controlled at same condition by the number of cycling up to 26 times. Reduction behaviour of Cr(VI) at PPy/GC electrode could be seen at wide potential ranges from +0.6V to -0.5V(vs. Ag/AgCl), and maximum reduction peak potential of the ion was observed at -0.25V(vs.Ag/AgCl). Calibration graph at its potential was linear from 0.1 ppm to 80.O ppm. Slope factor and relative coefficient were 1.75 mA/ppm and 0.998, respectively. Reduction behaviour of Cr(VI) at PPy/Pt electrode was similar to PPy/GC electrode, Calibration graph was linear from l.0 ppm to 60.0 ppm. Slope factor and relative coefficient were 0.5mA/ppm and 0.923, respectively. But PPy/GC modified electrode had about 3 times higher sensitivity than PPy/Pt modified electrode. Reduction behaviour of Cu(II), As(IlI), Pb(II), and Cd(II) couldn't be seen at PPy/GC electrode,Its metals had not lnterfered with Cr (VI) determination.
- Synth. Met. v.30 Tanaka, K.;Shichiri, T.;Toriumi, M.;Yamabe, T.
- Analyst v.123 Gyuresanyi, R. E.;Nyback, A. S.;Klara, T.;Nagy, G.;Ivaska, A.
- Anal. Chem. v.67 no.1 Cataldi, T. R. I.;Centonze, D.;Guerrieri, A.
- J. Mat. Sci. v.27 Chiu, H. T.;Lin, J. S.
- Analyst v.118 Reasdale, P. R.;Wallace, G. G.
- J. Electrochem. Soc. v.143 no.1 Senthurehelvan, R.;Wang, Y.;Basak, S.;Pajeshwer, K.
- Phys. Rev. Lett. v.31 Walatka Jr., V. V.;Labes, M. M.;Peristein, J. H.
- Handbook of conducting polymers v.1 Skoteim, T. A.