- Volume 43 Issue 4
Development of Web-Based Simulation Program Using the Randomwalk Theory
Randomwalk 이론을 이용한 Web 기반 동영상 프로그램의 개발
- Kim, Sung Geun (Jechon-Dong Middle School) ;
- Kim, Ju Rae (Department of Chemistry Education, Seoul National University) ;
- Woo, Kyu Whan (Department of Chemistry Education, Seoul National University)
- Published : 19990800
In this study, the simulation program using the randomwalk model is developed. Generally, students in the chemistry class have some difficulties to understand the motion of atomic particles or molecules. And then, they have many mis-conceptions about the motion of molecules. This program expressed by the computer simulations using the randomwalk theory may help students to understand visually the process of molecular motion. This program can be used easily, because it is based on Web by application of JAVA languages. The program consists of two parts. One is 'Diffusion' program, expressing the process of molecular diffusion as a computer simulation. Another is 'Randomwalk' program, expressing the trajectory of molecular motion to help the students to follow the random motion virtually.
- Journal of Research in Science Teaching v.32 no.5 The effects of computer animation on the particulate mental models of college chemistry students Willimson, V. M.;Abaraham, M. R.
- Proceedings of the international seminar on misconceptions in science and mathematics Selected science misconceptions amongst some Nigerian school certificate students Soyibo, K.;H. Helm(ed.);J. D. Novak(ed.)
- 한국과학교육학회지 v.14 no.3 조정일;이현욱
- 서울대학교 석사학위논문 홍미영
- Computers, curriculum, and whole-class instruction: Issues and Ideas Collis, B.
- Journal of Chemical Education v.64 no.8 Understanding the particulate nature of matter Gabel, D. L.;Samuel, K. V.;Hunn, D.
- Journal of Research in Science Teaching v.25 no.5 Understandings and misconceptions of biology concepts held by students attending small high schools and students attending large high schools Simpson, W. D.;Marek, E. A.
- Journal of Research in Science Teaching v.28 no.10 comparison of applied and theoretical knowledge of concepts based on the particulate nature of matter Haidar, A. H.;Abraham, M. R. A.
- 화학교육 v.23 no.1 노태희;전경문;김혜경
- Review of Educational Research v.61 no.2 Learning and Media Kozma, R. B.
- 한국과학교육학회지 v.15 no.4 노태희;임희준;우규환
- Journal of Research in Science Teaching v.31 no.2 A cross age study of the understanding of the understanding of five chemistry concepts Abraham, M. R.;Williamson, V. M.;Westbrook, S. L.
- Physical Chemistry(3rd Ed.) J. H. Noggle