- Volume 2 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Wind tunnel test research on aerodynamic means of the ZG Bridge
- He, Xiangdong (Experiment & Research Center for Wind Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University) ;
- Xi, Shaozhong (Experiment & Research Center for Wind Engineering, Southwest Jiaotong University)
- Published : 1999.06.25
The ZG Bridge(preliminary design), with unfavorable aerodynamic stability characteristics, is a truss-stiffened suspension bridge, its critical wind speed of flutter instability is much lower than that of code requirement, In the present paper, based on both aerostatic and aeroelastic section model wind tunnel test, not only effects of some aerodynamic means on aerodynamic stability of its main girder are investigated, but also such effective aerodynamic means of it as flap and plate-like center stabilizer are concluded.
- Ostenfeld, Klaus H., and Larsen, Allan, (1992) "Bridge engineering and aerodynamics" Proceedings of Int'l Sympozium on Aerodynamics of Large Brides, BuIkema, Rotterdm.
- Zhang, Guanqing (1997) "The preliminary research on aerodynamic means to improve wind-resistant stability of suspension bridge" , Master Dissertation of Southwest Jiaotong University.
- He, Xiangdong (1998) "Wind tunnel test research on aerodynamic means of a long-span suspension bridge" , Master Dissertation of Southwest Jiaotong University.
- Ito, M (1992) "Wind engineering of large bridges in Japan", Proc. Int. Symp. On Aerodynamics of Large Bridges, BuIkema, Rotterdm.
- Miyata, Toshio and Yanuguchi, Koji (1993) "Aerodynamics of wind effects on the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge" , Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, 48.