- Volume 24 Issue 10 Serial No. 181
Harmonic resonances in a continuous rotating shaft with distributed mass are discussed. The restoring force of the shaft has geometric stiffening nonlinearity due to the extension of the shaft centerline. The effect of a distributed lateral force, such as the gravity, is assumed. The possibility of the occurrences of harmonic resonances, the shapes of resonance curves, and internal resonance phenomena are investigated.
Vibration of Rotating Body;Vibration of Continuous System;Nonlinear Vibration;Harmonic Resonance;Internal Resonance
- Eshleman, R. L. and Eubanks, R. A., 1969, 'On the Critical Speeds of a Continuous Rotor,' ASME Journal of Engineering For Industry, Vol. 91, pp. 1180-1181
- Dimentberg, F. M., 1961, Flexural Vibration of Rotating Shafts, Butterworths, London
- Tondl, A., 1965, Some Problem of Rotor Dynamic, Publishing House of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Pargue
- Shaw, J. and Show, S.W., 1989, 'Instabilities and Bifurcation in a Rotating Shaft,' Journal of Sound and Vibration., Vol. 132, pp. 227-244 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(89)90594-4
- Shaw, J. and Show, S.W., 1991, 'Non-Linear Resonance of an Unbalance Rotating Shaft with Internal Damping,' Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 147, pp. 435-451 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(91)90492-3
- Shaw, S.W., 1988, 'Chaotic Dynamics of a Slender Beam Rotating about Its Longitudinal Axis,' Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 124, pp. 329-343 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(88)80191-3
- Yamamoto, T. and Ishida, Y., 1977, 'Theoretical Discussion on Vibration of a Rotating Shaft with Nonlinear Spring Characteristics,' Ingenieur Archiv, Vol. 46, pp. 125-135 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00538746
- Boltin, V.V., 1964, The Dynamic Stability of Elastic Systems, Holden-Day, San Francisco, CA.