- Volume 24 Issue 10 Serial No. 181
Harmonic resonances in a continuous rotating shaft with distributed mass are discussed. The restoring force of the shaft has geometric stiffening nonlinearity due to the extension of the shaft centerline. The effect of a distributed lateral force, such as the gravity, is assumed. The possibility of the occurrences of harmonic resonances, the shapes of resonance curves, and internal resonance phenomena are investigated.
- Eshleman, R. L. and Eubanks, R. A., 1969, 'On the Critical Speeds of a Continuous Rotor,' ASME Journal of Engineering For Industry, Vol. 91, pp. 1180-1181
- Dimentberg, F. M., 1961, Flexural Vibration of Rotating Shafts, Butterworths, London
- Tondl, A., 1965, Some Problem of Rotor Dynamic, Publishing House of the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Pargue
- Shaw, J. and Show, S.W., 1989, 'Instabilities and Bifurcation in a Rotating Shaft,' Journal of Sound and Vibration., Vol. 132, pp. 227-244 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(89)90594-4
- Shaw, J. and Show, S.W., 1991, 'Non-Linear Resonance of an Unbalance Rotating Shaft with Internal Damping,' Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 147, pp. 435-451 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(91)90492-3
- Shaw, S.W., 1988, 'Chaotic Dynamics of a Slender Beam Rotating about Its Longitudinal Axis,' Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 124, pp. 329-343 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(88)80191-3
- Yamamoto, T. and Ishida, Y., 1977, 'Theoretical Discussion on Vibration of a Rotating Shaft with Nonlinear Spring Characteristics,' Ingenieur Archiv, Vol. 46, pp. 125-135 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00538746
- Boltin, V.V., 1964, The Dynamic Stability of Elastic Systems, Holden-Day, San Francisco, CA.