- Volume 24 Issue 10 Serial No. 181
Precision injection molding is an important technology for improving productivity and lowering costs in the fields of medical components, lenses and electrical connectors. The quality of injection molded parts is affected by various processing conditions such as filling time and packing pressure profile. It is difficult to consider all the variables at the same time for prediction of the quality. In this study, the genetic algorithm was used to obtain the optimal processing conditions for minimizing the volumetric shrinkage of molded parts. For a higher convergence rate, the method of design of experiments was used to analyze the relationship between processing conditions and volumetric shrinkage of molded parts, which served as analysis tool for the capability of searching optimal processing conditions but also greatly reduces the calculation time by utilizing the information of searching area. As a practical example, compact disks that require micron-level precision were chosen for the study.
Injection Molding Process;Genetic Algorithm;Design of Experiment;Volumetric Shrinkage
- '첨단기계설계 및 엔지니어링 시스템 개발에 관한 연구,' 1996, 서울대학교 정밀기계설계 공동 연구소
- Goldberg, D.E., 1989, Genetic Algorithm in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley Pub.
- Taguchi, 1986, Introduction to Qqality Engineering: Designing Quality into Products and Process, Asian Productivity Organization
- Liu, C. and Manzione, L.T., 1996, 'Process Studies in Precision Injection Molding. Part I : Process Paramenters and Precision,' Polymer Eng.and Science, Vol. 36, pp. 1-9 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10378
- 이호상, 한진현, 조용석, 1993, '사출성형 자동평가 시스템 개발,' 한국정밀공학회 추계학술대회 초록집, pp. 111-114
- Kim, S.J. and Kim, Y.I., 1996, 'Optimization fo Injection-molding Conditions Using Genetic Algorthm,' Proceedings of SPIE-International Society for Optical Engineering, pp. 173-180
- 민병현, 1999, '신경회로망을 이용한 사출성형품의 체적수출에 관한 연구,' 한국정밀공학회, Vol. 16, pp. 224-233
- 곽신웅, 1999, '사출성형 공정변수 최적화에 관한 연구,' 서울대학교 공학박사 학위논문
- Pandelidis, Q. Zou, 1990, 'Optimization fo Injection Molding Design. Part II : Molding Condition Optimization,' Polymer Eng. and Science, Vol. 30, pp. 883-892 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760301503
- Leo, V. and Cuveliea, C.H., 1996, 'The Effect of the Packing Parameters, Gate Geometry ,and Mold Elasticity on the Final Dimensions of a Molded Part,' Polymer Eng.and Science, Vol. 36, pp. 1961-1971 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.10592