- Volume 24 Issue 1 Serial No. 173
A method to measure the crack length in rubbery materials is described. Through dimensional analysis and experiments, an equation is derived to give the crack length as a function of the change of strain energy density in a region remote from the crack. The function is provided in a form of separated terms of loading and material, the validity of which is experimentally proved using separation parameters.
Large Deformable Non-Linear Elastic Materials;Strain Energy Density;Dimensional Analysis;Separation Parameter
- Sharobeam, M. H. and Landes, J. D., 1991, 'The Load Separation Criterion and Methodology,' Int. J. Fract., Vol. 47, pp. 81-104
- Ghfiri, H., Nait-Abdelaziz, M. and Mesmacque, G., 1993, 'Experimental Determination of J on Rubber Materials : Influence of Finite Dimensions,' Eng. Fract. Mech., Vol. 44., pp. 681-689
- Oh, C. S., Earmme, Y. Y. and Song, J. H., 1997, 'Automated Real Time Measurements of Fatigue Crack Length and Crack Opening Load Using Unloading Elastic Compliance Method,' Int. J. Fatigue, Vol, 19, pp. 169-176
- Anderson, T. L., 1995, Fracture Mechanics : Fundamentals and Applications, 2nd edition, CRC Press, Inc.
- Andrews, E. H., 1974, 'A Generalized Theory of Fracture Mechanism,' J. Mater. Sci., Vol. 9, pp.887-894 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00570380
- Dowling, N. E., 1993, Mechanical Behavior of Materials: Engineering Methods for Deformation, Fracture and Fatigue, Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Lake, G. J., 1994, 'Fatigue and Fracture of Elastomers,' Rub. Chem. & Tech., Vol. 68, pp. 435-460
- 박준협, 송지호, 엄윤용, 김정엽, 강기주, 1988, '퍼스널 컴퓨터에 의한 피로시험 자동화 및 피로거동 측정의 정밀화,' 대한기계학회 논문집, 제12권, pp. 123-130