- Volume 24 Issue 1 Serial No. 173
A train performance simulation (TPS) software is a computer program that simulates the operation of a train system over a specified railway route and it is widely used in railroad operation and research applications. Numerical and graphical results from the simulation software, which is developed in this study, provide information on such performance variables as travel time. running speed, energy consumption at a specific time interval and in overall service time as the train moves along the route. Three types of input data are required for a computer simulation: track information, train information, and running conditions. The simulation of train performance starts with several simple mathematical models including train configuration. traction efforts, running resistance. and braking requirements. Based on the basic specifications of Korean High Speed Railway, System. this study, puts a focus on the estimation and assessment of train performance comparing. the specific train configurations of KEST20/11. CPLE20/10. PROP20/10, which are proposed from the previous G7 projects.
Train Performance Simulation;Travel Time;Energy Consumption
- 한국생산기술연구원, 1998, '차량시스템 편성안개요,' 차량시스템 엔지니어링기술분야 기술협의회 기술검토자료(차량시스템017)
- Peters, 1997, 'Drag and Resistance to Motion of a New Generation of Korean High Speed Trains,' Krauss Maffei short term report LA-TB-05/97
- 伊原一夫, 1997, 철도차량メカズム圖鑑, グランブリ出版
- 김선호, 1998, '철도시스템의 이해,' 자작아카데미
- 한국철도기술연구원, 1998, '고속전철시스템 기본사양.'
- 한국생산기술연구원, 1998, '차량시스템 개념설계 및 평가기술개발,' G7 고속전철기술개발사업 2차연도 보고서
- Quetin F, Castel L, Gautier P, and Zheng J.S, 1997, 'A New Tool to Optimize the Travel Time Won on Tilting Trains Versus Investment,' WCRR97 Vol.A, pp.67-72
- Howard S.M, Gill L.C, and Wong P.J, 1983, 'Review and Assessment of Train Performance Simulation Models,' Transportation Research Record 917, pp.1-6
- Deutsche Eisenbahn-Consulting GmbH, 1989, 'Determination of Running Time and Energy Consumption for Planning and Feasibility Studies.'
- DE-Consult, 1997, Very High Speed Rail Project, Final Report Phase 1 , Vol. 1