- Volume 24 Issue 6 Serial No. 177
Analysis of actuating forces and joint reaction forces are essential to determine the capacity of actuators, to control the system and to design the components. This paper presents an algorithm tha t calculates actuating forces(or torques) depending on the various driving types to produce a given system motion. The joint reaction forces(or torques) of multibody systems with closed-loops are analyzed in the Cartesian coordinate space using the inverse velocity transformation technique. Two numerical examples were carried out to verify the algorithm proposed.
Multibody System;inverse Dynamics;Inverse Velocity Transfor mation;Actuating Force;Joint Reaction Force
- Jerkovsky, W., 1978, 'The Structure of Multibody Dynamics Equations,' Journal of Guidance and Control, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 173-182
- CADSI, 1997, 'DADS 8.5 User's Manual,' CADSl(Computer Aided Design Software Inc.)
- Mechanical Dynamics, Inc., 1998, 'ADAMS 9.1 User's Guide,' Mechanical Dynamics, Inc.
- Lee, B. H., Yoo, W. S. and Kwak, B. M., 1993, 'A Systematic Formulation for Dynamics of Flexible Multibody Systems Using the Velocity transformation Technique,' J. Mechanical Engineering Science, IMechE, Vol. 207, No.c4, pp. 231-238
- 이병훈, 1997, '탄성 다물체계에 대한 조인트 좌표 공간에서의 역동역학 해석,' 대한기계학회 논문집(A), 제21권 제2호, pp. 352-360
- Chen, D. C. and Shabana, A. A., 1991, 'Generalized and Actual Constraint Forces in the Inverse Dynamic Analysis of Spatial Flexible Mechanical Systems,' ASME Advances in Automation, Vol. 2, pp. 469-476