- Volume 24 Issue 6 Serial No. 177
DOI QR Code
Finite Element Analysis and Optimal Design of Automobile Clutch Diaphragm Spring
자동차 클러치 다이어프램 스프링의 유한요소해석 및 최적설계
Lee, Chun-Yeol;Chae, Yeong-Seok;Gwon, Jae-Do;Nam, Uk-Hui;Kim, Tae-Hyeong
- Published : 2000.06.01
A diaphragm spring is an important component of a clutch assembly, characteristics of which depends largely on that of a diaphragm spring. A diaphragm spring is subject to high stress concentration in driving condition, which frequently causes cracks and fracture around finger area. In this paper, behavior of a diaphragm spring is analysed by finite element method to calculate sensitivity of design parameters, which is used to perform optimal design of diaphragm spring shape. As an object function, hoop stresses are taken and minimized to improve durability. Characteristics of the diaphragm is used as equality constraint to maintain the original design purpose and sequential linear programming(SLP) is utilized as an optimization tool. With optimized design, it is verified that concentrated stress is decreased maintaining release load characteristic.
Clutch;Diaphragm Spring;Finite Element Method;Sensitivity;Optimal Design
- 김기세, 김종엽, 황원결, 1977, '공회전 이음 해석 및 저감에 관한 연구,' 대한기계학회 춘계 학술대회논문집 A, pp. 123-129
- 안병민, 장일도, 흥동표, 1988, '대형트럭 공 회전시 기어래틀 진동소음 저감에 관한 연구,' 대한기계학회 논문집 A, Vol. 22, No.4, pp. 762-767
- 1998, ANSYS User's Manual, Release 5.5, ANSYS Inc., Houston
- Crisfield, M. A., 1991, 'Non-Linear Finite Element Analysis of Solids and Structures,' John Willey & Sons Ltd., Baffins Lane., Chichester., West Sussex P019 1UD., England
- Kasai, H., Inoue, N. and Asagi, Y., 1986 'A Unique Development Method for Microcomputer Controlled Mechanical Clutch and Transmission,' SAE 860599
- Steinhagen, H. G., 1980, 'The Plate Clutch,' SAE 800978
- Willyard, J. J., 1989, 'Heavy Duty, Large Single Plate Diaphragm Spring, Dry Clutches,' SAE 892476
- Maycock, I. C, 1983, 'Improvements in Agricultural Tractor Clutch Performance,' SAE 831348
- Wernitz, W., 1954, 'Die Tellerfeder,' Konstruktion, 6, S. pp. 361~376
- Lutz, O., 1960, 'Zur Berechnung Der Tellerfeder,' Konstuktion, 12, S. pp. 57-59
- Reissner, E., 1949, 'On the Theory of Thin Elastic Shells,' Reissner Anniversary Volume, J.W. Edwards, Ann Arbor, Michigan, pp. 231-247
- Timoshenko, S. P. and Woinowsky-Krieger S., 1959, Theory of Plates and Shells, McGraw-Hill Inc., New York, N.Y.
- Arora, J. S., 1989, Introduction to Optimum Design, McGraw-Hill Inc., New York, N.Y.
- Almen, J. O. and Laszlo, A., 1936, 'The Uniform Section Disk-Spring,' Trans. ASME 58, S. 305-314
- Brecht, W. A. and Wahl, A. M., 1930, 'The Radially Tapered Disk Spring,' Trans. ASME Vol. 52, part 1