- Volume 24 Issue 1 Serial No. 173
DOI QR Code
Development of CANDU Pressure Tube Integrity Evaluation System;Its Application to Sharp Flaw and Blunt Notch
CANDU 압력관에 대한 건전성 평가시스템 개발;예리한 결함 및 둔한 노치에의 적용
- Gwak, Sang-Rok (Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Lee, Jun-Seong (Kyonggi University) ;
- Kim, Yeong-Jin (Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Park, Yun-Won (Korea Institute of Nuclear Safely)
- Published : 2000.01.01
The pressure tube is a major component of the CANDU reactor, which supports nuclear fuel bundle and it's containment vessel. If a flaw is found during the periodic inspection from the pressure tube s. the integrity evaluation must be carried out. and the safety requirements must be satisfied for continued service. In order to complete the integrity evaluation, complicated and iterative calculation procedures are required. Besides, a lot of data and knowledge for the evaluation are required for the entire: integrity evaluation process. For this reason. an integrity evaluation system, which provides efficient of evaluation with the help of attached databases, was developed. The developed system was built on the basis of ASME Sec. XI and FFSG(Fitness For Service Guidelines for zirconium alloy pressure tubes in operating CANDU reactors) issued by the AECL, and covers the delayed hydride cracking(DHC). This system does not only provide various databases including the 3-D finite element analysis results on pressure tubes, inspection data and design specifications but also is compatible with other commercial database software. In order to verify the developed system, several case studies have been performed and the results were compared with those from AECL. A good agreement was observed between those two results.
Pressure Tube;Integrity Evaluation;Sharp Flaw;Blunt Notch;Blister;Delayed Hydride Cracking
- Moan, G. D. Coleman, C. E. Price, E. G., 1990, 'LBB in the Pressure Tubes of CANDU Reactors,' International Journal of PVP. Vol. 43
- Microsoft, 1998, 'Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 Enterprise Edition Ver. 5.0.'
- Microsoft, 1997, 'Microsoft Access97.'
- AECL, 1992, 'Service Loadings for Stress Analysis of the PHTS End of Fuel Strings.'
- ABAQUS, 1997, 'ABAQUS User's manual,' Hibbitt, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc.
- ASME, 1992 'ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code,' Section XI, Appendix A-1000
- Miner, M. A., 1945, 'Cumulative Damage in Fatigue,' J. Appl. Mech., Vol. 12, Trans. ASME, Vol. 67
- Paris, P. C. and Erdogan, F., 1963, 'A Critical Analysis of Crack Propagation Laws,' Trans. ASME, J. Basic Eng. Ind., Vol. D85
- Newman, J. C. and Raju, I. S., 1980, 'Stress Intensity Factors for Internal surface c:acks in Cylindrical Pressule Vessels,' Transaction of the ASME Vol. 102
- Zahoor, A., 1989, 'Ductile Fracture Hand -book, Vol. I, II, III,' EPRI Report NP-6301-D, Electric Power Research Institute
- AECL, 1992, 'Fitness-for-Service Guide lines for Zirconium AlIoy Pressure Tubes in Operating CANDU Reactors,' COG-91-66
- AECL, 1996, 'Fitness-for-Service Guide lines for Zirconium AlIoy Pressure Tubes in Operating CANDU Reactors,' COG-91-66
- Scarth, D. A., 1990, 'Assessment of Flaw Indications in Wolsong NGS Unit I Fuel Channels H-06 and M-11,' OHRD Report No. 90-189-P, Ontario Hydro
- AECL, 1992, 'The Case for Continued Operation of Wolsong-1 without Removal of Pressure Tubes in Channels M11 and O08.'
- WEB SITE, 1997, 'Nuclear Awareness Project News,' http://www.cnp.ca/media/oh-closure
- Canadian Standards Association, 1994, 'Can -adian Standards Association CAN/CSA- N285.4, Periodic Inspection of CANDU Nuclear Power Plant Components.'
- Canadian Standards Association, 1989, 'Can -adian Standards Association CAN/CSAN285.2-M89, Requirements for Class IC, 2C and 3C Pressure-Retaining Components and Supports in CANDU Nuclear Power Plant Components.'
- 한국원자력안전기술원, '월성 원자력 2호기 예비안전성분석 보고서 심사보고서,' 1992, KINS/AR-152