- Volume 24 Issue 7 Serial No. 178
The Vibration signals of a gear driving system is often associated with gear tooth faults. Many studies have been done on the detection of impulsive vibration signals, which characterize the breaka ge of a gear tooth. Also, most of the studies on gear fault diagnosis are only about the fault existence at one gear-pair. This study concerns on the several possible faults of a geared motor that has three gear pairs. The measurement and analysis on the vibration signals of a running geared motor shows the relationship between the gear faults and the vibration signals. This study also shows that adaptive interference canceling technique can be appropriately applicable to detect which gear-pair has the fault, and that wavelet is better than spectrogram to figure out the gear fault.
Fault Diagnosis;Gear Chain;Adaptive Interference Canceling;Spectrogram;Wavelet
- The MathWorks, 1996, 'Wavelet Toolbox User's Guide-Wavelet Toolbox,'
- Brie, D., Tomczak, M., Oehlmann H. and Richard, A., 1997, 'Gear Crack Detection by Adaptive Amplitude and Phase Demodulation,' Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 149-167 https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.1996.0068
- Staszewski, W. J., Worden, K. and Tomlinson, G. R., 1997, 'Time-Frequency Analysis in Gearbox Fault Detection Using the Wigner-Ville Deistribution and Pattern Recognition,' Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 11, No. 5, pp. 673-692 https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.1997.0102
- Wang, W. J. and McFadden, P. D., 1995, 'Application of Orthogonal Wavelets to Early Gear Damage Detection,' Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 497-507 https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.1995.0038
- 이봉현, 최연선, 1998, '진동측정에 의한 전동공구 양산라인의 품질관리 자동화,' 한국소음진동공학회 춘계학술대회논문집, pp. 173-178
- Newland, D. E., 1993, 'An Introduction to Random Vibration, Spectral and Wavelet Analysis,' Harlow: Longman
- Samuel D. Strearns, 1996, Signal processing algorithm in MATLAB, Prentice Hall
- Lee, S. K. and White P. R., 1998, 'The Enhancement of Impulsive Noise and Vibration Signals for Fault Detection in Rotating and Reciprocating Machinery,' Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 217, No. 33, pp. 485-505 https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1998.1767
- Staszewski, W. J. and Tomlinson, G. R., 1997, 'Local Tooth Fault Detection in Gearboxes using a Moving Window Procedure,' Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 331-350 https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.1996.0087