- Volume 3 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Influence of moxibustion on collagen-induced arthritis in mice
- Fang, Jian-Qiao (Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University) ;
- Aoki, Eri (Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University) ;
- Seto, Akira (Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University) ;
- Yu, Ying (Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University) ;
- Kasahara, Takako (Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University) ;
- Hisamitsu, Tadashi (Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University)
- Published : 2000.12.30
The influence of moxibustion, a traditional Chinese medical treatment, on type II collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) was examined in DBA/1J mice in vivo. Mice were immunized intradermally twice at the 3-week interval with bovine type II collagen (C Il). The main incidence of arthritis started about on day 30 and lasted to day 60 after the first immunization. Moxibustion with three different regimens, was applied at the acupoint equivalent to GV 4 every other day. Moxibustion, from day 0 to day 30 after the first immunization, suppressed the onset and development of arthritis, as well as anti-collagen antibody level. Treatment with moxibustion, from the day 31 to day 60, also resulted in a significant inhibition of progression of arthritis and production of anti-C II antibody. Thirdly we examined the influence of moxibustion on the established arthritis. Moxibustion given from day 61 to day 120, significantly but mildly decreased the anti-C II antibody level in diseased mice, while the bone erosion and joint destruction were not affected. These results indicate that moxibustion could prevent the incidence and attenuates the development of murine CIA.
- Acup Res Quart v.5 Activation of the defense system of the body inanimals and man by acupuncture and moxibustion Roger P.A.M.;Bossy, J.
- Am J Chin Med v.18 Effects of single and multiple moxibustion on activity of platelet function, blood coagulation and fibrinolysis in ice Okazaki, M.;Sakamoto, H.;Suzuki, M.;Oguchi, K. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0192415X90000113
- Acupuncture and moxibustion Qiu, M.L.;Zhang, S.Z.
- Shanghai J Acup v.12 no.5 Treatment of autoimmune diseases with moxibustion at Mingmen Chen, Z.;Wang, H.S.;Sun, D.L.
- Int J Immunopharmac v.14 Suppressive effect of acupuncture on delayed hypersensitivity to trintrochlorobenzene and involvement of opiate receptors Kasahara, T.;Wu, Y.;Sakurai, Y.;Oguchi, K. https://doi.org/10.1016/0192-0561(92)90128-8
- J Tradit Chin Med v.7 no.3 Extending moxibustion in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis---a clinical observation of 65 cases Luo, S.R.;Zhu, Y.W.
- Chen Tzu Yen Chiu v.17 no.4 Clinical observation on 434 cases of rheumatoid arthritis treated by moxibustion with warming needle Sun, L.
- J Exp Med v.146 Autoimmunity to type II collagen: An experimental model of arthritis Trentham, D.E.;Towner, A.S.;Kang, A.H. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.146.3.857
- Nature v.283 Immunization against heterologous type II collagen induces arthritis in mice Courtenay, J.S.;Dallman, M.J.;Dayan, A.D.;Martin, A.;Mosedale, B. https://doi.org/10.1038/283666a0
- J Exp Med v.158 Serum transfer of collagen-induced arthritis in mice Stuart, J.M.;Dixon, F.J. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.158.2.378
- J Immunol v.140 Type II collagen induced murine arthritis: I, Induction and perpetuation of arhritis require synergy between humoral and cell-mediated immunity Seki, N.;Sudo, Y.;Yoshioka, T.;Sugihara, S.;Fujitsu, T.;Sakuma, S.;Ogawa, T.;Hamaoka, T.;Senoh, H.;Fujinara, H.
- J Exp Med v.158 Paradoxical effects of cyclosporin A on collagen arthritis in rats Kaibara, N.;Hotokebuchi, T.;Takagishi, K.;Katsuki, I. https://doi.org/10.1084/jem.158.6.2007
- J Immunol v.134 Serum transfer to collagen arthritis in congenitally athymic nude rats Takagishi, K.;Kaibara, N.;Hotokebuchi, T.;Arita, C.;Morinaga, M.;Arai, K.
- Acupuncture and moxibustion Qiu, M.L.;Zhang, S.Z.
- J Tradit Chin Med v.13 no.3 Effect of acupuncture and point-injection treatment on immunologic function in rheumatoid arthritis Liu, X.;Sun, L.;Xiao, J.;Yin, S.;Liu, C.;Li, Q.;Li, H.;Jin, B.
- J Immunol v.151 Role of T cells in murine collagen-induced arthritis Peterman, G.M.;Spencer, C.;Sperling, A.I.;Bluestone
- Inflamm Res v.45 Effect of IL-10 on collagen-induced arthritis in mice Tanaka, Y.;Otsuka, T.;Miyahara, H.;Nakashima H.;Kuga, S.;Nemoto, Y.;Niiro, H.;Niho, Y. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02280992
- Chen Tzu Yen Chiu v.15 no.1 Effect of moxibustion on the inflammatory reactions of adjuvant arthritics rats Wang, T.;Xie, S.
- Chen Tzu Yen Chiu v.21 no.2 Studies on anti-inflammatory and immune effects of moxibustion Tang, Z.;Song, X.;Li, J.;Hou, Z.;Xu, S.
- Chen Tzu Yen Chiu v.17 no.2 Experimental study on the influence of acupuncture and moxibustion on interleukin-2 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis Xizo, J.;Liu, X.;Sun, L.;Ying, S.;Zhang, Z.;Li, Q.;Ll, H.;Zhang, Z.;Jin, B.;Wang, S.
- In Vivo v.4 no.5 Modulation of Iipopolysaccharide-induced cytotoxic facotr and interferon production by moxibustion in mice Kasahara, T.;Wu, Y.X.;Wang, Y.;Sakurai, Y.;Oguchi, K.
- J Showa Med Assoc v.49 A pharmacological approach to Oriental medicine - A comparative study of the effects of moxibustion, electroacupuncture and kampo-hozai ohrengedoku-toh on delayed thpe hypersensitivity (DTH) in mice Kasahara, T.;Wu, Y.;Wang, Y.;Sakurai, Y.;Oguchi, K.
- Annu Rev Immunol v.14 Role of cytokines in rheumatoid arthritis Feldmann, M.;Brennan, F.M.;Maini, R.N. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.immunol.14.1.397
- Chen Tzu Yen Chiu v.18 no.4 The observation on analgesic effect of moxibustion in rats Fang, Z.R.;Li, Y.H.
- J Tradit Chin Med v.9 no.1 Relation between the therapeutic effect of moxibustion in treating arthralgia and SP and enkephalin in nervous tissues Lu, Z.S.;Dong, X.T.;Zhang, T.J.;Cao, W.H.;Deng, Y.